Discussion topic: Sky Q box disconnected from BT router will not reconnect. Have reset router and box,. What else?

This message was authored by PeteM1953 This message was authored by: PeteM1953

Sky Q box disconnected from BT router will not reconnect. Have reset router and box,. What else?

Sky Q box disconnected from BT router a few days ago and will not reconnect. I have reset both the Sky Q box and the router twice and re-entered the password at least a dozen times. There have been no changes to the locations of any of the equipment. What more can I do?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Re: Sky Q box disconnected from BT router will not reconnect. Have reset router and box,. What else?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PeteM1953 wrote:

Sky Q box disconnected from BT router a few days ago and will not reconnect. I have reset both the Sky Q box and the router twice and re-entered the password at least a dozen times. There have been no changes to the locations of any of the equipment. What more can I do?

Hi @PeteM1953 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, then do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Sky Q box disconnected from BT router will not reconnect. Have reset router and box,. What else?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @PeteM1953 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PeteM1953 wrote:

Hi @PeteM1953 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, then do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
PeteM1953
Topic Author
This message was authored by PeteM1953 This message was authored by: PeteM1953

Hi @Quoman7 

Thank you so much for your advice. I had done these things but not exactly in the sequence that you suggested.

I'm pleased to say that my Sky Q box is once again connected to my router.

Thank you again for your invaluable suggestion and for saving my sanity and what hair I have left.

Kind regards

@PeteM1953

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion