Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by JamesB8 This message was authored by: JamesB8

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

I've got the same issue - started with Netflix not loading from apps (had to alternate and login to other apps before it would load) and now regular pixelations across most apps (Netflix, Prime, AppleTV, Disney and paramount predominately).  Reset TV, Sky Q box and router multiple times to no avail. (Never has any issues with BBC iPlayer though ??)

Apps work fine direct on smart tv.

Samsung TV, HDMI, Sky Q+ Ethernet and 100mb fibre virgin media.

This message was authored by CMCMC This message was authored by: CMCMC

Same problem here on a brand new 77 inch LG TV. Never used Sky Apps before this and they all pixalate but the same Apps like Netflix, Disney etc on the TV do not. It looks like the Sky Apps are strangling the internet speed.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@CMCMC wrote:

Same problem here on a brand new 77 inch LG TV. Never used Sky Apps before this and they all pixalate but the same Apps like Netflix, Disney etc on the TV do not. It looks like the Sky Apps are strangling the internet speed.

Your TV or the broadband speed are not the issue, I could only guess that all the Apps initially go through a Sky server before being passed on to Netflix et al. It could be an issue with the Q box software though.

@JamesB8 wrote:

I've got the same issue - started withNetflixx not loading from apps (had to alternate andloginn to other apps before it would load) and now regularpixelationss across most apps Netflixx, Prime,AppleTVV, Disney and paramount predominately).  Reset TV, Sky Q box and router multiple times to no avail. (Never has any issues with BBCiPlayerr though ??)

Apps work fine direct on smarttvv.

Samsungg TV,HDMII, Sky Q+ Ethernet and100mbb fibrevirginn media.

Netflix not loading and this pixelation issue are not related. Have you tried the fix for Netflix linked in this thread:-

httpss:/helpforumm.sky.comt55/Sky-QNetflixx-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/m-p/4510468M6200677

This message was authored by Aimeec1 This message was authored by: Aimeec1

@Sky.com please resolve this.

Never had such issues before and we all pay quite a lot of money to have sky services / packages and should not have to suffer streaming quality issues like this especially when all other equipment / services in our households are working perfectly fine to support the demand. 

Quite frankly we are not getting the services we are paying for in the way they should be received.

Really disappointing. I have been with sky for 16 years now  in total ( TV and broadband) and for the first time I'm questioning staying. Ive had quite a few issues over the last 2 years all of which were never to do with my house set up. It's always a software or quality issue.

I really hope they sort this across the board as I don't want to be pushed to leave through getting fed up of poor service. 

Thank you ☹️☹️

This message was authored by Craig_S This message was authored by: Craig_S

Still happening for me as well. This is not a dish problem I can get live UHD fine and I have 1gb connnection. All the apps work fine through the TV, the pixelating is just happening through SKY Q box.

Sky, you need to look into this, it might be the DRM or something as it's isolated to your box. Can you advise on the fix as sending engineers out for the dish is probably not going to fix it.

This message was authored by Dee4iant This message was authored by: Dee4iant

We are/were having exact same issues. I completed software update available for Sky Q box and pixelation has stopped ( for now ? ).  Fingers crossed it doesn't re-appear, though aware others have done the update and still have issues 

This message was authored by Aimeec1 This message was authored by: Aimeec1

@Dee4iant hi, I have done all updates and even reset my box costing me all my recordings.

Still the issues persist like it does for many others. 

Praying they sort this 😔

This message was authored by Ollie+C This message was authored by: Ollie+C

I did a software update a couple of weeks ago, along with a number of other steps.  It didn't change anything, I was getting the problem on Disney +, Prime and Paramount +.  I have done another software update and it's not done it for a little while on Prime or Disney +.  

@Craig_S wrote:

Still happening for me as well. This is not a dish problem I can get live UHD fine and I have 1gb connnection. All the apps work fine through the TV, the pixelating is just happening through SKY Q box.

Sky, you need to look into this, it might be the DRM or something as it's isolated to your box. Can you advise on the fix as sending engineers out for the dish is probably not going to fix it.

Obviously it's not a dish issue as that is used exclusively for the live feeds. All Apps and catch-up comes via the broadband connection.

Just use the Apps on your Smart TV if it's that bad, presuming you have one.

This message was authored by Ollie+C This message was authored by: Ollie+C

Well, I thought it might have been resolved for me, but I've just had it happen again whilst watching Prime through my Sky Q box.  Sky, please sort this issue out!  

This message was authored by RBJ1951 This message was authored by: RBJ1951

Same problem as all other posts except mine is while trying to watch Discovery plus for Olympic tennis. Pixellates and stops and finally comes up with an error. Seems to work ok on an android TV so must be Sky Q box causing problem. Needs fixing!

This message was authored by cmoh This message was authored by: cmoh

Happening to me too. So annoying 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Add us to the list, noticed the pixelation on Disney+ when the kids were watching something in HD yesterday and today, although BBC iPlayer was also very bad yesterday when switching to Olympics Extra.

Main Q box is hardwired, no broadband speed changes, everything up to date, all apps fine through Apple TV (wired), LG TV (wireless) etc. etc.

And YouTube is still broken... 😂 

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Tracyboorman This message was authored by: Tracyboorman

Add us the list as well. Prime and Netflix pixelating. Updated and refreshed apps.

guessing sky must have done some kind of app update that broken it. Or maybe we all have old Q boxes that need refreshing. Hopefully sky will advise.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion