Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

@Tracyboorman wrote:

Add us the list as well. Prime and Netflix pixelating. Updated and refreshed apps.

guessing sky must have done some kind of app update that broken it. Or maybe we all have old Q boxes that need refreshing. Hopefully sky will advise.

Most (all?) of the Apps aren't made by Sky and they don't manage them. Would seem to be either a by product of the latest software update or a probelm with their servers unless this problem goes back further.

This message was authored by ND79 This message was authored by: ND79

+1 for this issue, still occasionally get the Netflix fail to load issue and now Amazon and Netflix I've noticed repeated heavy pixelisation/glitching.

20 years with Sky but now we're out of contract I think it's finally time to ditch it. Over £100 a month for shoddy service really isn't worth it.

This message was authored by Aimeec1 This message was authored by: Aimeec1

Just paid for a movie on prime ....... PIXELATION!!!!!!! come on @Sky.com sort this , never had issues before ! 

I can watch on any other platform but shouldn't have to , myself and others pay for this via you.

Please. Resolve.

@Aimeec1 wrote:

Just paid for a movie on prime ....... PIXELATION!!!!!!! come on @Sky.com sort this , never had issues before ! 

I can watch on any other platform but shouldn't have to , myself and others pay for this via you.

Please. Resolve.

You certainly don't pay Sky for Amazon Prime at least. Since you've obviously got access to the Apps via the Smart TV's Apps, just carry on using them, why even waste time here when you're only talking to other customers.

This message was authored by chris1518 This message was authored by: chris1518

I've had this problem since last Tuesday 30/7/24.Disney a...

I've had this problem since last Tuesday 30/7/24.Disney app OK on TV but not on q box. Same with discovery +. 

Actually I don't have a smart TV and only access prime TV via sky thank you 

Sky provide access to these apps and shouldn't be compromised. They worked fine before 

Don't assume what people have before responding like that.

For the record , when I said other platforms I meant my tablet and phone via sky broadband.

Given that my tablet is a 10 inch screen and my TV is 65 inch, I would rather be able to watch them on the TV with no streaming issues! 

This message was authored by chris1518 This message was authored by: chris1518

I agree, I have the Disney app and discovery on the q box. But I have a smart TV so I have gone through the rigmarole of downloading the apps on my telly, both are working fine. But like you say I pay sky for the use of these apps. 

@Aimeec1 wrote:

For the record , when I said other platforms I meant my tablet and phone via sky broadband.

Given that my tablet is a 10 inch screen and my TV is 65 inch, I would rather be able to watch them on the TV with no streaming issues! 

For the record, you also said "I can watch on any other platform but shouldn't have to , myself and others pay for this via you."

Apology accepted.

Only you are responsible for what you post. And you are still not paying Sky for Prime or even for access via the Q box.

I'm not apologising 

My point is along with another customer that has said the same as me ....

We still pay a monthly sum that covers the ability to access these apps that we have separate subscriptions to directly and Sky should provide a stable streaming service to do these like they have been previously. Otherwise they may as well remove this service altogether. 

As I've said many times , never had issues before but now myself and many many other customers are and have done everything we can to resolve ourselves but we can't as it's sky that needs to step in as it's there end. 

Not sure why I seem to be getting picked on by you as I'm only stating the same issues that every other person on this thread is posting. 

Please stop 

Thank you 

This message was authored by Glassback1 This message was authored by: Glassback1

Just got continually having to sign in to Discovery Plus on every occasion sorted and now this pixelation issue on Sky Q. Happening on Netflix, Apple and Disney.

Will have a look at updates and re boots but sure all systems are on most up to date downloads.

Somebody has done something for this to start happening and the common denominator is Sky software as all the other parties are separate companies.

This message was authored by Duckbay15 This message was authored by: Duckbay15

Also experiencing this pixelating first on Disney+ and now on Netflix.  That's when I can access Netflix.  The amount of money Sky are charging they really should get this fixed asap

This message was authored by Abk07 This message was authored by: Abk07

Add us to the list!

Renewed our Sky deal in May and the past 2/3 weeks we've been having issues with Disney Plus and Prime pixelating - plus 9 times out of 10 our Netflix app doesn't even make it past the loading screen, so I couldn't even tell you if that's pixelated or not.

Looks like a lot of customers have been affected for a long time, so shame on Sky for not getting to the bottom of this sooner.

This message was authored by S26McM This message was authored by: S26McM

I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this issue folks as was starting to wonder if it was a dish issue.

i've tried accessing the hidden menu settings 001 select but this hasn't made any difference either.

Over £138 per month and out of contract so might be time to look elsewhere which is hassle I don't really want.

@S26McM wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this issue folks as was starting to wonder if it was a dish issue.

i've tried accessing the hidden menu settings 001 select but this hasn't made any difference either.

Over £138 per month and out of contract so might be time to look elsewhere which is hassle I don't really want.

It was never going to be a dish issue as all of the Apps come via your broadband.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion