Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by themanlikdave This message was authored by: themanlikdave

Re: My tv is pixelating regularly when I watch through any apps on sky. Netflix won’t load. But when

Same, tried software updates and app refresh and the problem still persists. 

This message was authored by SimonI This message was authored by: SimonI

Re: My tv is pixelating regularly when I watch through any apps on sky. Netflix won’t load. But when

Well, my early optimism was misguided.

The pixelation is back and like others, it's watchable but hugely annoying.

This is only a recent occurrence, but with the amount I pay for my Sky package just not acceptable.

So far I have done a full power down of everything. 

Tested my router.

Software update.

App refresh.

I was told about realignment of the dish but I believe this is only for problems with 'live' Sky, not the Apps. 

This message was authored by INDIGO75 This message was authored by: INDIGO75

Hi. It won't be the dish. Netflix isn't 'fed' via the dish.

It must be a main box software issue.

My main box is connected via ethernet and here are the issues.

The mini box in the bedroom is WiFi and it's working perfectly.

All other channels and apps (that I use anyway) are working fine on both boxes.

This message was authored by SimonI This message was authored by: SimonI

Thanks

That makes perfect sense about the dish.

My mini box is also working correctly with no issues, so it does appear to be a main box issue.

This message was authored by ODW73 This message was authored by: ODW73

I have followed all the advice offered: Software download, App reset and problem still persits. I watched  a 30 mins episode last night on the prime app on the tv, no pixilation,  then re-watched the same episode on sky via the prime app, pixilation occurred four times, so it is a sky issue. I intend to speak to them tomorrow. 

This message was authored by Ollie+C This message was authored by: Ollie+C

I'm part of another thread on Sky about the same issue.  I'm currently having issues with pixelation on Prime, Disney Plus and Paramount Plus through my Q box.  I watched Prime through the app on my TV and didn't have any issues.  I've done everything I can including an engineer coming out and swapping my router.  He said he had the same issue on Prime.  I don't have any issues watching Sky or my recordings.  I spoke to them again today and they said it does seem to be an issue with the Sky apps.  I tried refreshing all the apps for the second time and still happening on Prime through my Q box.  I've done software updates, swapped Ethernet cables etc.  

This message was authored by ak777 This message was authored by: ak777

I'm the same, through Netflix and Disney. Good to know that Sky haven't responded to any of you 😂 🤦‍♂️

I've had my Netflix fee frozen and an engineer is coming next week. 

Dug out my firestick and using that for Netflix now. No issues 

This message was authored by Dee4iant This message was authored by: Dee4iant

Same issue here, can I ask how I contact Sky to discuss or get an engineer out ?

thanks in advance

This message was authored by Ollie+C This message was authored by: Ollie+C

Call them and ask for an engineer to come out.  They'll get you to do a few things yourself over the phone, like updating the Sky box etc.  

it won't let me post the phone number, so you'll need to Google it.  

This message was authored by LizardWizard This message was authored by: LizardWizard

@LizardWizard wrote:

Having exactly the same issue. Netflix doesnt always load and Amazon is pixelating while streaming TV shows and Movies.

Can someone from Sky look into this?

So I've followed some of the steps other people did like updating the software/refreshing apps but that didnt help by itself.

Next what I did was reset the settings on the box, this is through the 001 settings option as well. I also removed the WiFi settings from the box as even though it was connected through ethernet it was using the WiFi. After resetting the settings it actually removed all apps, then use the refresh apps option and it will bring them back.

This so far has fixed an issue with Netflix not loading and pixelation on the other apps.

Might just be temporary so I'll update tomorrow.

This message was authored by LizardWizard This message was authored by: LizardWizard

So I watched around 3 hours of amazon this morning and experience no pixelation so I thought the above fixed it.

Now this evening both shows Ive watched have had pixelation, probably around 10 times.

So I'm thinking this is an issue with high user load or something? But someone from Sky really needs to come and help diagnose because there is nothing more than can be done. 

This message was authored by davey-lad This message was authored by: davey-lad

High user load on what though? It's a problem across multiple different streaming services and not everyone affected is a sky broadband customer (I'm with Virgin). 

My personal opinion is this is hardware related. Sky have added so much crap to these boxes over the years I wouldn't be surprised if they're at the limit resource/spec wise. You just have to run the ITVX app to see how bad it is. 

I have no way to prove this however 

I've just discovered posts on X that were responded to Sky that they were aware of this exact same problem last November and had teams working on it!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion