Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Netflix often not working on SkyQ

@HarveyHaynes wrote:

I wish to add our names to those who are having problem with their Sky connection on the SKY Q box over the past 5 months. Some days it works and other days it does not. Sky do not seem interested and just fob us off.  Customer services admit they are perplexed but seem unable to help. We are paying for this connection so it is their responsibilty. Earlier in the year they offered us Paramount plus free trial for 6 months as VIP customers and then did not deliver despite requests to help. We are not Sky Cinema subscribers, It appears the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing in their organisation

Go back a page or two and look for Sam9999's suggestion about logging in online (through a browser) and removing the Sky box from the account.

This message was authored by Sam9999 This message was authored by: Sam9999

@Ange27007 My issue started 2 months ago as well and I have Netlfix from Sky for 3 years as well. Chodley also mentioned that people are having this issue for 6 months or more which suggests that this is definitely an issue with the auth token for the Netlfix app. It looks like the Netflix auth token was set/configured to expire after 3 years. Every customer who has logged into Netflix continously for 3 years is going through this issue. Netflix should have informed its customers by emailing them before hand suggesting that customers log off from the Netflix app atleast once a year to renew their auth tokens annually. In your case, it looks like even though you have signed out of the SkyQ box remotely through a web browser, there is some remnants of old auth token cached on your SkyQ box that is conflicting with the new token whilst you can log in sometimes and fail at other times. There are 2 options for anyone having this issue. I will give the instructions below but make sure you reboot/restart your SkyQ box after the steps.

If you cannot log into Netflix through SkyQ box:

1 - Log into Netflix via a web browser.

2 - Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).

3 - Click on Account.

4 - Under the Security and Privacy option, click on Manage access and devices.

5 - Select the device name: (Sky UK Set-top box).

6 - Click on the "Sign out" option on the Sky UK Set-top box.

7 - Go to your SkyQ box and perform a complete power cycle on the SkyQ box (not just on standby mode)

8 - Launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

If you manage to log into Netflix on the SkyQ box:

1 - While you are in your Netflix profile on the SkyQ box, scroll down and on the right hand corner and click on/select the 'Get Help' option.
2 - Sign out of Netflix.
3 - Sign back into Netflix (with your email address and password for your Sky Subcription if you don't have a separate subscription for Netflix). Alternatively, sign in with your Netflix credentials if you have a separate Netflix subscription.
4 - Power cycle (on and off) your SkyQ box. Make sure the power is completely out (not just on standy mode)

Hope the above helps anyone with the same issue.

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

@Sam9999 wrote:

@Ange27007 My issue started 2 months ago as well and I have Netlfix from Sky for 3 years as well. Chodley also mentioned that people are having this issue for 6 months or more which suggests that this is definitely an issue with the auth token for the Netlfix app. It looks like the Netflix auth token was set/configured to expire after 3 years. Every customer who has logged into Netflix continously for 3 years is going through this issue. Netflix should have informed its customers by emailing them before hand suggesting that customers log off from the Netflix app atleast once a year to renew their auth tokens annually. In your case, it looks like even though you have signed out of the SkyQ box remotely through a web browser, there is some remnants of old auth token cached on your SkyQ box that is conflicting with the new token whilst you can log in sometimes and fail at other times. There are 2 options for anyone having this issue. I will give the instructions below but make sure you reboot/restart your SkyQ box after the steps.

If you cannot log into Netflix through SkyQ box:

1 - Log into Netflix via a web browser.

2 - Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).

3 - Click on Account.

4 - Under the Security and Privacy option, click on Manage access and devices.

5 - Select the device name: (Sky UK Set-top box).

6 - Click on the "Sign out" option on the Sky UK Set-top box.

7 - Go to your SkyQ box and perform a complete power cycle on the SkyQ box (not just on standby mode)

8 - Launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

If you manage to log into Netflix on the SkyQ box:

1 - While you are in your Netflix profile on the SkyQ box, scroll down and on the right hand corner and click on/select the 'Get Help' option.
2 - Sign out of Netflix.
3 - Sign back into Netflix (with your email address and password for your Sky Subcription if you don't have a separate subscription for Netflix). Alternatively, sign in with your Netflix credentials if you have a separate Netflix subscription.
4 - Power cycle (on and off) your SkyQ box. Make sure the power is completely out (not just on standy mode)

Hope the above helps anyone with the same issue.

Why haven't NETFLIX/Sky published these fixes for everyone to see? 

This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

@BaileyGB - Why haven't NETFLIX/Sky published these fixes for everyone to see? 

Possibly because like me it does not work, but glad others seem to be having some success with it.

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*

@Eddy99 wrote:

@BaileyGB - Why haven't NETFLIX/Sky published these fixes for everyone to see? 

Possibly because like me it does not work, but glad others seem to be having some success with it.

Have you tried Sam's new (more complete) instructions given above yourself?

This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

@Anonymous Yep i was trying the new additions to his original suggested fix before they were posted. To me it's a given to reset everything each time something new is suggested to wipe the slate clean and start over.

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I'd like to remind everyone to please keep the chat on topic and in line with our Community Rules.  In particular around being nice to eachother. 

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Wildtrees This message was authored by: Wildtrees

I have been experiencing awful problems with getting my Sky Q box to connect direct to Netflix. I looked up on Google to see if it could help me and it seemed to direct m to the Sky Comnmunity. Over the past few months some days i can connect to Netflix and other days there is no connectiion at all. Both ways it can last for several days. When disconnected the Sky Q box suddenly connects to Netflix without me taking any action. I have read through the considerable number of posts on this subject. It is all very well coming up with suggestioin which i am sure are meant to be helpful . Funnily enough I had tried some of them and  some worked temporarily . Nevertheless I still lose connection with Netflix after a while. When I signed up with the Sky Package to include Netflix I had expected and id for a while have no problems with Sky. I do not expect to keep having to take other steps . Sky customer services really do not want to know.They seemed originally to insinuate it was my fault They have refused to let me out of my contract nor would they offer a refund on my Netflix part of the package. I would much prefer to have Netflix to connect properly and instantly without having to mess around. Why is it takibng Sky so long to put it right thrmselves so the connection works in line with what we signed up.  I am stuck with Sky for another 11 months as they expect me to honour my contract whilst they do not honour their part. It is all one way traffic

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

@Wildtrees wrote:

I have been experiencing awful problems with getting my Sky Q box to connect direct to Netflix. I looked up on Google to see if it could help me and it seemed to direct m to the Sky Comnmunity. Over the past few months some days i can connect to Netflix and other days there is no connectiion at all. Both ways it can last for several days. When disconnected the Sky Q box suddenly connects to Netflix without me taking any action. I have read through the considerable number of posts on this subject. It is all very well coming up with suggestioin which i am sure are meant to be helpful . Funnily enough I had tried some of them and  some worked temporarily . Nevertheless I still lose connection with Netflix after a while. When I signed up with the Sky Package to include Netflix I had expected and id for a while have no problems with Sky. I do not expect to keep having to take other steps . Sky customer services really do not want to know.They seemed originally to insinuate it was my fault They have refused to let me out of my contract nor would they offer a refund on my Netflix part of the package. I would much prefer to have Netflix to connect properly and instantly without having to mess around. Why is it takibng Sky so long to put it right thrmselves so the connection works in line with what we signed up.  I am stuck with Sky for another 11 months as they expect me to honour my contract whilst they do not honour their part. It is all one way traffic

Have you tried @Sam9999 fix. Its a few posts above this one. It's the best fix so far and has sorted my Netflix out. 

This message was authored by WayneHolliman This message was authored by: WayneHolliman

I also am encountering issues getting Netfkix to connect. it works perfectly for days then disconnects for a couple of days beforev reconnecting itself . I have tried he solution suggested above with avail

This message was authored by Manestream This message was authored by: Manestream

same, unplugging the box and the modem for 5 mins before powering it up again may work may not. have also had my dad log into netflix on his phone and click log out then had to log in again (thankfully had log in saved to remember) but this did not work.

Not sure if done right but did look and seems may not have since you need to find another log out option and then will be required to have the box and modem shut off after logging out of all devices and then need to have the log in info at hand (hmm i dont think he knows that) is the whole point on why he clicks save it to this device, so he doesnt need to remember. Seems an absolute total F about to do, somethign customers should NOT even be required to do either. If anything a refresh should be asked and set up to run on a yearly or every 2 yrs if not logged out with you only needing to click and recieve a 4 digit code to put in and then all good.

P.S i have also heard of customers that have not had the service for a year having the same issue too.

Mind you Netflix U.S and a couple asian countries had films on the service, most rest of teh worl get them in the 1st half of 2024, why is the UK only scheduled to get these films no sooner than 2026? 2yrs after everyone else?

@Manestream wrote:

same, unplugging the box and the modem for 5 mins before powering it up again may work may not. have also had my dad log into netflix on his phone and click log out then had to log in again (thankfully had log in saved to remember) but this did not work.

Not sure if done right but did look and seems may not have since you need to find another log out option and then will be required to have the box and modem shut off after logging out of all devices and then need to have the log in info at hand (hmm i dont think he knows that) is the whole point on why he clicks save it to this device, so he doesnt need to remember. Seems an absolute total F about to do, somethign customers should NOT even be required to do either. If anything a refresh should be asked and set up to run on a yearly or every 2 yrs if not logged out with you only needing to click and recieve a 4 digit code to put in and then all good.

P.S i have also heard of customers that have not had the service for a year having the same issue too.

Mind you Netflix U.S and a couple asian countries had films on the service, most rest of teh worl get them in the 1st half of 2024, why is the UK only scheduled to get these films no sooner than 2026? 2yrs after everyone else?

No, you don't log out of Netflix online, you log in and then remove the Q box from the devices. Just try that for starters and see what happens.

You'd have to ask Netflix about scheduled dates for films and whatnot but it will come down to the studios anyway who ultimately own the content.

This message was authored by Rattic This message was authored by: Rattic

Forgive me if I just got lucky, but I came here with the same issue. When reading about someone who could open netflix via a film/TV search, I tried to open it via the voice command "open netflix" and it worked first time!

I have no idea why this would work, so it would be interesting if it works for anyone else?

This message was authored by Ange27007 This message was authored by: Ange27007

@Rattic  Funnily enough I tried that ages ago. Still got the red circle of death. Mines been working last few days,just put it on, and red circle again 😣

This message was authored by Ange27007 This message was authored by: Ange27007

@Anonymous @Right... strange thing happened earlier..I managed to get onto Netflix,and noticed it's changed.. there's no longer Top 10 films anymore,it's been replaced with "LATEST" in the menu. Also I now have the option to login/out on the actual tv app,so I did,and I changed my password too. All seems to be working at present.  missy was right about them updating the app. My is definitely different to what it was 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion