Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by The+Faber+Family This message was authored by: The+Faber+Family

Re: Netflix etc pixelating and freezing

I have the 32B206, still same issue.

This message was authored by Richard+Byron This message was authored by: Richard+Byron

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

Spoke with Sky, v3 box is not available he said, Ours is v2 about 7 years old, started getting the no card inserted message,, so after some persuasion an engineer is coming and after more persuasion reluctantly a new card is being sent, all troubleshooting done still pixelation while streaming, it's been fine up until the last few months so I presume it's just faulty? Update after the engineer comes Monday, whats the betting it works fine when he/she comes?!

This message was authored by Richard+Byron This message was authored by: Richard+Byron

‎10 Oct 2024 07:44 PM

So after calling Sky today to ask for a new card and eventually agreed to be sent one because of a persistent error message, we turned on the box around 6:45 to see card deactivated!! Called but they are closed! Terrible customer service, the box is faulty too so after several calls an engineer is coming, why on earth would they deactivate the card before it is sent? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richard+Byron 

No need for another thread. Your duplicate post has been removed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

That was fast, how about telling me how to reactivate my card please, super user ?

This message was authored by Leon+c This message was authored by: Leon+c

Apps pixelating

When using a sky Q, all apps are pixelating every 15 seconds and watching program
if I use apps through the smart TV  all are working fine, tested broadband signal absolutely perfect

This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

Well after another received call from Sky about my complaint they agreed to send me a new SkyQ box that arrived today.

The box looks the same, and so is the plug, but it's a 2TB box where mine was a 1TB box.

The hardware version is 32B06, but the software version is different where the new box is Q230.000.14.00L (5nf3ptk) and I think my old box was only 12.00 and it wouldn't update higher.

Well I have watched Disney for 4hrs so far today and before it was unwatchable. I have also checked Apple, Netflix, Discovery and Paramount and all seem to be working fine.

This message was authored by Carmel25 This message was authored by: Carmel25

Have been having exactly the same problem here with pixelating.. Also had same customer service response as everyone else here.

Exactly same pixelation problem here. I have sky tv n broadband. If I watch Disney plus or amazon through sky box we have frequent pixelation problems. If we watch amazon or Disney through smart TV no pixelation problems. Recordings, sky channels all experience pixelation problems therefore must be q box. Problems on mini boxes too. Engineer as been out to house and said we needed open reach engineer. Sky customer service won't send one. Everytime I phone they just want me to turn box off etc, reset Internet. Just  onstantly repeat themselves following script.  Problems started late spring of this year.

I have the box with hardware version 32B206 and have pixelation problems

Engineer wasn't able to sort our pixelating problem I'm afraid.

This message was authored by Chris1968uk This message was authored by: Chris1968uk

Just thought I would update from my experience so far, when I purchased my new G4 I was gutted that when I watch HDR programmes via the Sky Q box I suffered bad pixelation and greening of the screen when using Netflix, Amazon, Apple etc.

I even returned my G4 as when speaking to LG then said this maybe a defect with it and a replacement was sent. But same issues and was gutted.

After reading this thread, I called Sky, explained clearly what my issue was, told them my box details and the chap on the phone said my box was not HDR compatible as it was an old version. He sent me a new Sky Q box with the external power brick and I set it up.

Yes, I lost some of my recordings, but nearly all of those are available on On Demand or on other apps. I was actually glad as my planner was reset, so no annoying reality shows were there to be recorded which upset my partner but made me chuckle delightfully inside.

Once set up and with bated breath rested it watching as many HDR films, programmes as I could.

Over 2 weeks later, I still have no pixelation or greening and able to enjoy my G4 and programmes in HDR 👍

My expierence was good and Sky sorted it in 3 days from when I rang them, so it is puzzling so many say they have had multiple calls with Sky, engineers turn up and it still hasn't helped them.

i had no engineer turn up, and only one call to sky and new box posted out to me and arrived within 3 days, 

LG G4

Sky Q (HDR) + 2 mini 

Virgin Broadband

This message was authored by Meldrewman This message was authored by: Meldrewman

@Chris1968uk 

Glad you're one of the luckier among us. Can tell me the hardware version of the box please? 

This message was authored by Chris1968uk This message was authored by: Chris1968uk

32B12D 👍

This message was authored by JCT9632 This message was authored by: JCT9632

Well 2 days in with the new box and the problem has returned,  so another call to Sky tomorrow. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion