Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by 1234gould This message was authored by: 1234gould

Sky Q Apps pixelating

Tv pixilating on all apps, Netflix not loading Whilst using Sky Q. When I watch on smart tv ( Netflix. Amazon etc ) picture is perfect. Must be  my Sky Q box. Internet running fine.

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Apologies for the length of time it's taken to resolve this issue.

Teams are still working hard to get a fix for this issue & we will update the thread once we know more.

Thank you for your patience whilst teams continue to work to fix this.

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by themanlikdave This message was authored by: themanlikdave

Re: My tv is pixelating regularly when I watch through any apps on sky. Netflix won’t load. But when

I'm having the same problem, any ideas appreciated 

This message was authored by rosalyn76 This message was authored by: rosalyn76

Re: My tv is pixelating regularly when I watch through any apps on sky. Netflix won’t load. But when

I'm having the same problem Netflix and Amazon prime pixelating when watching through sky q fine when watch through TV been happening the last few weeks not doing it on my multi room box upstairs spoke to sky they updated the box and I was also wired with ethernet cable so removed that and went wireless incase it was the wire but it's still doing it 

This message was authored by stevef73 This message was authored by: stevef73

Plus one, same as above.

This message was authored by Stantheman418 This message was authored by: Stantheman418

I'm having same issues.

This message was authored by davey-lad This message was authored by: davey-lad

We've been having exactly the same problems over the last couple of months.

All streaming apps we use (Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney) suffer from random but regular pixelation which can last a good few seconds each time.  We also experience this when watching recordings via a Sky Q mini box

Like others I've started just using the apps built into the TV and/or my Google Chromecast with Android TV and no such issues.

We have Superfast internet connection and my main Sky Q box is wired.  Rebooting the box doesn't solve anything.

This message was authored by Craig_S This message was authored by: Craig_S

Getting the same issue with Prime through Sky q. Every 10-15 seconds it's pixelating.

This message was authored by LizardWizard This message was authored by: LizardWizard

Having exactly the same issue. Netflix doesnt always load and Amazon is pixelating while streaming TV shows and Movies.

Can someone from Sky look into this?

This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

I am having the same issue for all services, Disney, Netflix, Prime, Paramount.

Has anyone found out what the issue is yet?

This message was authored by Craig_S This message was authored by: Craig_S

So I managed to fix it. I went to settings and initiated a software update. Since then the pixelating has gone away. 

This message was authored by ODW73 This message was authored by: ODW73

I am also having the same problem, when streaming through the Sky Q  box. When streaming through tv no issues at all. I updated the software on the sky Q box. Problem still persists. 

This message was authored by SimonI This message was authored by: SimonI

I'm having exactly the same issue. Regular pixelation on the Sky Apps - Netflix and Prime particularly. 
it has only started recently and watching via the TV apps works fine.
This has to be a Sky issue - any clues from anyone? 

This message was authored by SimonI This message was authored by: SimonI

I spoke to Sky today about the issue. 

They did ask me to update the software (already tried that) but then also to refresh the Apps.

This is done by going to settings in the menu. Ensure the word 'settings' is highlighted and then pressing 0.0.1. on the remote and then select.

At the bottom of the new menu is' Apps'. Press right from 'Apps' and then the option to refresh will be given.

Early testing is positive for me.

This message was authored by INDIGO75 This message was authored by: INDIGO75

I've just spoke to Sky too and done all the same resets but 10 mins after hanging up the picture pixilating again.

Not happening in any of my other channels or apps (iplayer seems fine).

My broadband speed is fine, but reset router too. Uplplugged everything  and plugged it back in.

At a loss now. 

It's not unwatchable, but annoying and has only started in the last couple of days

This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

I've tired all of the above and nothing has fixed it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion