Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Netflix app crashing/won't load

@Kirsty+S27

nope didn't work, in fact Netflix started working last weekend, but out of curiosity i did what you advised and now it's stopped working again, but that could just be a coincidence.  I think SKY & Netflix engineers just need to put a software fix when they know what's causing the issue. 

This message was authored by JFM1 This message was authored by: JFM1

The Test Participation thing didn't work for me either...

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kirsty+S27

nope didn't work, in fact Netflix started working last weekend, but out of curiosity i did what you advised and now it's stopped working again, but that could just be a coincidence.  I think SKY & Netflix engineers just need to put a software fix when they know what's causing the issue. 

I can't say I'm awfully surprised becuase mine started working 2 or 3 months back(?) and I changed that setting just this week which made no difference whatsoever. At least it didn't break mine 😉

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix often not working on SkyQ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Collinsc wrote:

I'm afraid there are no error messages. The Netflix screen appears and that is all

@Collinsc have you seen the answer from a Sky employee in the thread below not sure if it will help you but worth looking at 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-app-crashing-won-t-load/m-p/4435511#M603465

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by steve+bendell This message was authored by: steve+bendell

I haven't posted on here for a while having suffered from this issue,  as I write this I am touching wood and typing with my fingers crossed but it seems to be working OK,  i did all of the things advised weeks ago tuned it off overnight and then no problems since, not sure what if anything fixed it.

This message was authored by carrie171 This message was authored by: carrie171

@Anonymous 

@Kirsty+S27 

I also changed the app settings and as requested by @Kirsty+S27, although Netflix started working all by its self last week, it's now gone back to the spinning circle of doom!! 😡

Collinsc
Topic Author
This message was authored by Collinsc This message was authored by: Collinsc

Thanks. We arent facing the issue at moment so cant test that out.

What I want is for a sky employee to explain why this might keep happening and what recompense we can have.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Collinsc wrote:

Thanks. We arent facing the issue at moment so cant test that out.

What I want is for a sky employee to explain why this might keep happening and what recompense we can have.

@Collinsc afraid no one on the forums would be able help with this you would need to contact Sky by either calling or making a complaint

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Collinsc wrote:

I'm afraid there are no error messages. The Netflix screen appears and that is all

Is it a black screen or a spinning icon.

If it's one of either, often a cure is to login to your Netflix account via a web browser and force sign out of a device, in your case your Sky Q box.. Just do a force sign out of your Sky Q box, not all devices.

As described here.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/128180?q=How%20to%20sign%20out%20of%20a%20device

But, would still recommend doing the app refresh..

That sometimes does take many hours, so do it and try the app in say the next day.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Bobafet This message was authored by: Bobafet

Re: Netflix sporadically not loading

Hello,

I am also having this issue and as suggested different solutions are available but the underlying issue is we have paid for this service and it's not working correctly. Can Sky please advise if anything is being done to resolve this? Thank you. 

Collinsc
Topic Author
This message was authored by Collinsc This message was authored by: Collinsc

Thanks all for the advive - will give them a go next time and contact sky if not fixed

This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

@Kirsty+S27

Nope changed setting - still red circle of doom and have never got Netflix to work on both mini boxes - ever

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*
This message was authored by blobsie This message was authored by: blobsie

It looks like the message claiming to be the answer by a sky representative should updated to remove the "answer" status 

This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

@blobsieUnfortunately she has a record of doing this when there is no answer, i have seen this before by the same person - jumps on one persons suggestion with no evidence it works for anyone.

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*
This message was authored by Mark187187 This message was authored by: Mark187187

@Eddy99 she literally said she was marking it as an "answer" for visibility only. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion