Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Collinsc This message was authored by: Collinsc

Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Hi

Netflix is often not working on SkyQ. We have checked the Netlfix website and there are no problems with Netflix itself.

We rang up before and sky had directed us to the hidden menu to "refresh apps". However, the "Refresh apps" is no longer there, or perhaps moved?

We have Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1 (FTTP) and are getting good speeds.

Advice appreciated on what might be causing this issue, and where we can locate "Refresh apps".

Thanks

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Netflix often not working on SkyQ

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank your ongoing contribution to this thread, we’ve been working behind the scenes with Netflix and are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We have 2 active threads on the Community forum that we’re eager to clearly separate your issue with Netflix, below can you tell me what applies to you;

• Your Netflix opens but crashes and returns you to your Sky Q home screen.
  • Netflix opens, the Netflix logo appears but the red spinning loading circle appears.
  • Or, it’s something else – please let us know and be as specific as you can.

If your app is crashing, we implemented a change to the app that we believe will stop the app crashing to the home screen. Please let me know if you are experiencing this problem specifically.

If you’re seeing the red spinning circle, we’d like some of customer examples to look closer at. If you would like to offer your support, please fill in this form: https://forms.office.com/e/VGr0tUpv67

There are some workarounds we can also suggest, we’d be eager to know if any of these have helped you:

Spoiler

Reset the settings:

1. Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote, highlight Settings then press 0,0,1 and Select.
  2. Select Reset, then Reset settings and select Confirm.
  3. Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear then press the standby button on the front of your Sky Q box, instead of the Home button on your Sky Q remote.

Resetting the settings will clear any remote pairings you have setup. To re-pair your remote to your Sky Q box, follow our online help guide. Resetting the settings will also reset:

• Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control.
  • Preferences, such as auto-play and standby mode.
  • Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, including LNB type and wireless connectivity.
  • Accessibility settings, such as contrast and audio description or subtitle settings Account info for Sky Q TV apps, such as Netflix.

Sign Out of device through Web Browse:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on Manage access and devices.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.
  7. Go to your SkyQ box and launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

Opt out of A/B test groups:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Scroll to the bottom
  5. Turn OFF test participation 
  6. Reboot device.  

I'll be marking this post as the thread 'Answer' as more people are likely to see it. Thank you,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Teresa+SB This message was authored by: Teresa+SB

Netflix Won't Load / Spinning Circle

Netflix will not load - keep buffering

Moderator comments: edited title

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Netflix on sky q will not load

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Teresa+SB wrote:

Netflix will not load - keep buffering

Assume you have tried rebooting your Q box @Teresa+SB 

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

This message was authored by Bernieboy14 This message was authored by: Bernieboy14

I can’t load the Netflix app

I have the circle going round when I try to access the Netflix app on the sky menu

This message was authored by Teresa+SB This message was authored by: Teresa+SB

Tried that

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Teresa+SB wrote:

Tried that

Hi @Teresa+SB 

Have you tried refreshing the Apps in the Hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Select Apps 
then highlight Refresh all Apps on this box.
You'll see a message that says, 'Your apps are being refreshed'. This will stay on screen until you press Dismiss to return to normal viewing
It’s recommended waiting at least 5 minutes before doing so.

Refresh Apps can take up to 24 hrs to complete .

This message was authored by Dicks+taxi This message was authored by: Dicks+taxi

We had sky fibre fitted on Monday we cannot connect to apps on tv or the hive and Alexa

We had sky fibre fitted on Monday we cannot connect to apps on tv or the hive and Alexa

This message was authored by Robin34 This message was authored by: Robin34

Netflix sporadically not loading

Netflix app not working on Sky Q box. One day it loads, the next day it doesn't. Now it seems to be completely defunct. I've tried Sky box on/off, updating Sky box, 0,0,1 on settings and apps refresh, everything that has been prescribed as a fix. Now assuming that there is either an inherent issue with Netflix app on Sky Q experienced by many, or my Sky Q box is malfunctioning. Has anyone else managed a permanent fix? If I paid for Netflix subscription through Sky would this magically fix the issue? Just being sceptical 😛 thanks in advance.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Netflix sporadically not loading

@Robin34 wrote:

Netflix app not working on Sky Q box. One day it loads, the next day it doesn't. Now it seems to be completely defunct. I've tried Sky box on/off, updating Sky box, 0,0,1 on settings and apps refresh, everything that has been prescribed as a fix. Now assuming that there is either an inherent issue with Netflix app on Sky Q experienced by many, or my Sky Q box is malfunctioning. Has anyone else managed a permanent fix? If I paid for Netflix subscription through Sky would this magically fix the issue? Just being sceptical 😛 thanks in advance.

Hi @Robin34 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Robin34 This message was authored by: Robin34

Re: Netflix sporadically not loading

Thanks @Quoman7. The Netflix app has been working on SkyQ the past few weeks, but again decided to stop loading yesterday and today. So I took your advice and turned off router and sky box and reloaded it all. Worked a treat! If it requires this level of rebooting every couple of weeks I can live with it. But if it starts playing up frequently like it did before, sad times. For now, your advice has worked so thank you. Kind regards. 

This message was authored by Lexi+Neave This message was authored by: Lexi+Neave

I've tried this and Netflix still won't load. I've turned everything off and unplugged to but nothing helps

This message was authored by Ilya+Joaquin+Marc This message was authored by: Ilya+Joaquin+Marc

I've had the same problem for a few weeks. 

This message was authored by Sarah2714 This message was authored by: Sarah2714

I am constantly getting the loading page for Netflix and it just doesn't load! Have tried unplugging, have tried the hidden apps refresh, nothing is working, it's getting ridiculous now.

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

Welcome to my (and others) world 😞

A reboot is the only thing that will resolve it although not permanently, the last time I bothered it took all of 12 hours maximum before it fell over again.

I didn't know the Apps refresh can take 24 hours so I'm not sure of what use that is, it's made no difference to mine anyway.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-app-not-working-on-Sky-Q-001-settings-does-not-work/m-p/4...

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by WestLondon1991 This message was authored by: WestLondon1991

Same issue for me - Netflix just spins and spins and never loads, clearly an issue with Sky. Is this being investigated? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion