Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix app crashing/won't load

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eddy99 wrote:

@blobsieUnfortunately she has a record of doing this when there is no answer, i have seen this before by the same person - jumps on one persons suggestion with no evidence it works for anyone.

@Eddy99 maybe if you had read the post correctly you would see that as @Mark187187 has stated that @Kirsty+S27 merely marked her post as the answer so it was easier to find and also asked for anyone having this problem to comment as to whether trying the fix in her post  fixed the problem or not as it would help the team that is investigating this 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

@Laing1  - Thanks for the support Mr Superuser, we are not all as smart as you.

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Eddy99 wrote:

@Laing1  - Thanks for the support Mr Superuser, we are not all as smart as you.

Support? All you had to do was read her post, not rocket science is it?

😉

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Dee7 This message was authored by: Dee7

Thank you tk everyone for the replies and feedback! 

This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

@Colin0000- I have reported your post for being a rude [content removed]

Moderator note: language removed

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*
This message was authored by MarkJ22 This message was authored by: MarkJ22

Come on peeps let's all be nice and focus on the issue and the fix.

It's frustrating that Sky have no solution

This message was authored by carrie171 This message was authored by: carrie171

Does anyone have a direct phone number for Sky?

I really can't tolerate this any longer and will be removing Netflix from my package and demanding a refund for the 'service' that I've paid for but have been unable to access for the last 6 weeks!! 😡

@Kirsty+S27 No, this doesn't work, in fact, my Netflix had started to work via On Demand, but since doing as you instructed via the app, it's stopped loading again!

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@carrie171 wrote:

Does anyone have a direct phone number for Sky?

I really can't tolerate this any longer and will be removing Netflix from my package and demanding a refund for the 'service' that I've paid for but have been unable to access for the last 6 weeks!! 😡

Yeah everyone does. Look in Help on My Sky

You know you can use Netflix on another device?

@Chodley I am aware of that, but as I only have my phone, I'm not prepared to watch endlessly on that, when I pay to use Netflix on my TV!

This message was authored by Roughyed100 This message was authored by: Roughyed100

@Kirsty+S27 

I have been experiencing the same issue of Netflix not loading via Sky Q box for nearly 12 months now.

Netflix is accessible from every other household device via the app or webpage but connecting via the Sky Q box often a NoNo. Not every time though...there have been occasions over the last 12 months when the profile screen has loaded but these are very few and far between, with most attempts resultingin the scrolling circle of death☹️

Spent many hours on the phone with Sky support many months ago who could not resolve and suggested contacting Netflix....Netflix advised not an issue with them and if Sky couldn't resolve the issue probably sits with my internet provided. Plusnet advised not them as I could access Netflix using other devices and the issue of not connecting to Netflix was solely with the Sky Q box. All other apps on Sky Q connect without issue.

Tried all the suggested fixes numerous times and not found a permanent fix. Occasionally Netflix does connect but these instances are few and far between and I am unable to identify any "fix" which works better than others. 

One work around that does always appear to work is to bypass my home router and hotspot the Sky Q box via my mobile device and connect the Sky Q box to the internet via my mobile provider. So far a 100% success loading the Netflix app on Sky Q when connecting via mobile. Obviously not an acceptable fix as I do not have an unlimited data mobile plan 🙃. I have therefore tried a factory reset on my router to see if there is any legacy code stopping the Sky Q box connecting to Netflix but no, when Sky Q box connected back to my router it still fails to regularly connect.

Interestingly when I have connected Sky Q to my mobile device and connected to Netflix I can reset the Sky Q back to my home network and Netflix will continue to load to the profile page. However future attempts to connect to Netflix via my home network result in the circle of death returning and subsequent circle of death and connection issue page.

@carrie171 wrote:

@Chodley I am aware of that, but as I only have my phone, I'm not prepared to watch endlessly on that, when I pay to use Netflix on my TV!

Chodley was probably more referring to your TV which is very unlikely nowadays to be anything but a Smart TV with it's own built in Apps. I used ours for awhile until it seems to have resolved itself (or Sky have done something in the background).

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"

@Roughyed100 wrote:

@Kirsty+S27 

I have been experiencing the same issue of Netflix not loading via Sky Q box for nearly 12 months now.

Netflix is accessible from every other household device via the app or webpage but connecting via the Sky Q box often a NoNo. Not every time though...there have been occasions over the last 12 months when the profile screen has loaded but these are very few and far between, with most attempts resultingin the scrolling circle of death☹️

Spent many hours on the phone with Sky support many months ago who could not resolve and suggested contacting Netflix....Netflix advised not an issue with them and if Sky couldn't resolve the issue probably sits with my internet provided. Plusnet advised not them as I could access Netflix using other devices and the issue of not connecting to Netflix was solely with the Sky Q box. All other apps on Sky Q connect without issue.

Tried all the suggested fixes numerous times and not found a permanent fix. Occasionally Netflix does connect but these instances are few and far between and I am unable to identify any "fix" which works better than others. 

One work around that does always appear to work is to bypass my home router and hotspot the Sky Q box via my mobile device and connect the Sky Q box to the internet via my mobile provider. So far a 100% success loading the Netflix app on Sky Q when connecting via mobile. Obviously not an acceptable fix as I do not have an unlimited data mobile plan 🙃. I have therefore tried a factory reset on my router to see if there is any legacy code stopping the Sky Q box connecting to Netflix but no, when Sky Q box connected back to my router it still fails to regularly connect.

Interestingly when I have connected Sky Q to my mobile device and connected to Netflix I can reset the Sky Q back to my home network and Netflix will continue to load to the profile page. However future attempts to connect to Netflix via my home network result in the circle of death returning and subsequent circle of death and connection issue page.

Is your Q box hardwired to the router or using WiFi? If hardwired have you disabled the WiFi on the Q box from the hidden menu?

Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Roughyed100 This message was authored by: Roughyed100

It is now on wifi

As part of my "testing" I have previously hard wired the router to the Sky Q box and disabled 5gz with the connection issue remaining then disabled both 5gz and 2.4 and again the issue connecting to Netflix remained.😞

This message was authored by MarkJ22 This message was authored by: MarkJ22

I don't think any of the solutions being described here make a blind bit if difference and the solution sits with Sky and Netflix

Until the technicians at both businesses accept the issue and resolve it all the "solutions" here are just playing for time

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion