Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

Re: Netflix on sky q will not load

@Chodley wrote:

@MarkJ22 wrote:

Can one of the Superusers pass this onto Sky? I've read that you get Sky info and praised by Sky for your knowledge and info, however feeding multiple customer issues back to Sky would be a real benefit to everyone!!!

So please do!!

Because you asked so nicely with not a hint of sarcasm, I've escalated one of the posts in here but others have said they had it resolved by sky somehow so it might just be worth a call anyway.

Mine was resolved (so far at least) by a Sky employee on here asking for the Netflix App details from the box and passing them on.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @MarkJ22.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Dragonflyer25 This message was authored by: Dragonflyer25

I have literally just signed myself up for community posting just to say....

Argh!

This is all too regular an occurrence at my house. It's really annoying.

Sky really need to do something about it.

This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

Ok my problem solved (i think) 

I have been told by Sky that because i do not have my Netflix through Sky it will never load on Sky Q and just bring back connectivity errors – I am pretty sure i was told at the time of accepting to switch to Sky Q i could still use my Netflix account thorugh  Q I just had to sign in as you would do with their App. I want to keep my Netflix bill independant from other bills and login to it on any device i like when i travel.

If a super user could confim this to be the case please if known that Netflix will not work on Q unless I subscribe through Sky?

Thanks

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*

@Eddy99 wrote:

Ok my problem solved (i think) 

I have been told by Sky that because i do not have my Netflix through Sky it will never load on Sky Q and just bring back connectivity errors – I am pretty sure i was told at the time of accepting to switch to Sky Q i could still use my Netflix account thorugh  Q I just had to sign in as you would do with their App. I want to keep my Netflix bill independant from other bills and login to it on any device i like when i travel.

If a super user could confim this to be the case please if known that Netflix will not work on Q unless I subscribe through Sky?

Thanks

"Our" Netflix is actually the sons account that he had before we got Q, we pay for it on the Sky bill is the main difference to yourself.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by steve+bendell This message was authored by: steve+bendell

I had Netflix as an add on from Sky,  I can use it on other devices, e.g. my tablet and a Fire stick.

Fingers crossed after several refresh apps and reboots etc. etc. it seems to have settled down, well for the last coouple of weeks. 

It was intermittant and when it went wrong I was always too busy to call Sky as it takes so long.

This message was authored by DaveB6 This message was authored by: DaveB6

Re: Netflix app crashing/won't load

What worked for me (with being stuck on the loading screen) was to first go into prime video and then going to Netflix from there (using the voice control)

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Anonymous . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mark187187 This message was authored by: Mark187187

@Lisa-P1987 how do we get one of these invites for help? 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I wasn't aware that I had ANY help from SKY, i'm still having trouble with Netflix.  The only communication I'm seeing on here is a zillion and one replies from other people about the same problem! surely SKY you need to look at a software fix on the Q boxes to fix this.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't aware that I had ANY help from SKY, i'm still having trouble with Netflix.  The only communication I'm seeing on here is a zillion and one replies from other people about the same problem! surely SKY you need to look at a software fix on the Q boxes to fix this.

Did you not get a blue chat bubble at the bottom of the page? I'll try again and I'll do the same for Mark. They time out after 48 hours.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Anonymous and @Mark187187  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by carrie171 This message was authored by: carrie171

@Chodley  I got mine fixed by Sky the first time, but back to the red circle of doom the next day. The only thing that resolves this issue now is turning off the power to the Sky box for 5 minutes. Not really conducive for an evenings viewing, when you have to power down constantly 🙄

@carrie171 wrote:

@Chodley  I got mine fixed by Sky the first time, but back to the red circle of doom the next day. The only thing that resolves this issue now is turning off the power to the Sky box for 5 minutes. Not really conducive for an evenings viewing, when you have to power down constantly 🙄

How did Sky "fix" it for you the first time?

Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Mark187187 This message was authored by: Mark187187

@Chodley thanks for that. I'm chatting with them now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion