Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Netflix on sky q will not load

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkJ22 wrote:

Yes, many of us get the same from time to time but sadly it's not all the time and if you've just settled in to watch something and it won't load it's very frustrating.

Maybe, as you're a SUPERUSER you could bring your influence to bear in Sky to get this issue sorted out for the majority of us who have posted here and the many others out there with the same issue?

The idea that I have any influence whatsoever is heartwarming 🙂  I have no doubt it's linked to the Q's wild and unique networking code. I gave up on wifi and can only recommend everyone else does the same.

fwiw Netflix always works for me (luckily as the 2 TVs with minis are not Smart enough to have Netflix) but iPlayer almost never works.

This message was authored by Liliani This message was authored by: Liliani

Netflix not loading

I have a separate Netflix account which I access through the Apps on my Sky Q however lately it just won't load.  The front page comes up with just the loading ring going round forever!!  I've tried all the steps and checks provided by Sky on the website including refreshing my apps but nothing seems to make any difference.

Does anyone else have the same issue and is there another solution out there that I haven't tried yet?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Netflix not loading

Have you tried logging into your Netflix account via a web browser and force signing out of one or more of your faulty devices.

Read this Netfix article on how to do that.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/128180?q=Remove%20devices

Would suggest, once you have done that, you perform a power reset of your Sky Q box, leaving off power for a few minutes before trying again.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by carrie171 This message was authored by: carrie171

@Sarah2714 @I've had this issue since switching to fibre. Tried rebooting and the reset apps, nothing working again. It's hit & miss, sometimes it loads, sometimes doesn't. Time to cancel me thinks, paying for a service I can't use is not something I'm up for!!

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

I've been trying to recall if I had the Netflix issue before I switched to Sky Ultrafast 1 back in May but for the life of me I can't. Mine has been fine for a few weeks now since I passed on some App details to a Sky employee on here (presuming that's what resolved it).

Is everyone who has this Netflix problem on Sky fibre (or even just Sky/NowTV broadband)?

Can anyone who does have this and who has a computer hardwired, try speedtest.net on the browser and then try the speedtest App from the Windows store? The App on my desktop gives speeds all over the place whilst the browser version always returns 150Mbps.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by omotolagallagher This message was authored by: omotolagallagher

Re: Netflix not loading

I had the same issue yesterday and the old switch off your device, wait 5mins then switch back on worked for us

This message was authored by Markgunners This message was authored by: Markgunners

Re: Netflix crashing Sky Q

Its clearly an issue as three of us are having exactly the same problem. Why aren't any Sky Experts responding ?

Really poor .

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Markgunners wrote:

Its clearly an issue as three of us are having exactly the same problem. Why aren't any Sky Experts responding ?

Really poor .

@Markgunners in case you are not aware  this is a customer to customer forum where customers help each other.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

Hello, just logging that I have the same problem and i only had Sky Q installed yesterday after 20 plus years of Sky+ that's why i am here now - not a great experience. 

I have tried all the solutions above plus, everything is up to date and everything else i have searched for and can think off it  has not helped .It just loops around throwing up random error messages after 30 seconds or so of trying to connect.

Netflix works fine on every other device i have all connected to the same network and never had any issues with them .

Some of the error codes i have seen, i am sure there has been others, top one most common.

NW-2-5 (means that there is an internet connection problem) I don't

NW-8-14 (typically points to a network connectivity issue that is preventing your device from connecting to the Netflix service) All other devices in my house and there are many connect fine to Netflix.

I hope this does not drag on.

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*
This message was authored by JADSKY This message was authored by: JADSKY

I'm having this issue reboots fix it then couple of days later falls down really poor service. 

sky please look into this issue

This message was authored by JADSKY This message was authored by: JADSKY

This message was authored by MarkJ22 This message was authored by: MarkJ22

Can one of the Superusers pass this onto Sky? I've read that you get Sky info and praised by Sky for your knowledge and info, however feeding multiple customer issues back to Sky would be a real benefit to everyone!!!

So please do!!

This message was authored by msjsjsjm This message was authored by: msjsjsjm

Been having the same issue over the last 3-4 days. Nothing fixes it!

This message was authored by Leasty This message was authored by: Leasty

I've also been having the same issue, but only on one profile (we have four). If we choose my wifes profile, it kept exiting back to Q when we tried to view a specific epsiode of a series (Big Bang Theory in this case). Tried it on my profile and no problem. Deleted my wifes profile (only had a couple of things in the watching list) and then recreated it (same name) and it seems fine now.

BT Fibre 100 (140Mb), Sky TV since 2002. Sky Q 2Tb, Samsung QE50Q60C. 2 x Sky Q mini.
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@MarkJ22 wrote:

Can one of the Superusers pass this onto Sky? I've read that you get Sky info and praised by Sky for your knowledge and info, however feeding multiple customer issues back to Sky would be a real benefit to everyone!!!

So please do!!

Because you asked so nicely with not a hint of sarcasm, I've escalated one of the posts in here but others have said they had it resolved by sky somehow so it might just be worth a call anyway.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion