Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by spark240 This message was authored by: spark240

Re: Netflix not loading

Im also having this issue....thing is it works fine on the 2 Q boxes, but just not on the main box...

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@spark240 

See the post currently showing an the answer on page 1. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by spark240 This message was authored by: spark240

Tried all thos things, it wont let me into the provcay tab in the account settings,  sign in just takes me to a Netflix home page with no account details...do I get frefunded for no service ? 

This message was authored by SUSAN1524 This message was authored by: SUSAN1524

Netflix red spinning circle on launch Sky Q

Netflix red spinning circle on lauch on Sky Q box

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Netflix red spinning circle on launch Sky Q

@SUSAN1524 

I have moved your post to this large topic where this issue is being discussed in the Sky Q forum. There is a possible fix here in the second post:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/m-p/4694387/highlight/true#...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@spark240 wrote:

Tried all thos things, it wont let me into the provcay tab in the account settings,  sign in just takes me to a Netflix home page with no account details...do I get frefunded for no service ? 

What device are you doing this on? And it's in the Account menu / Security & privacy / Manage Access and Devices section

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

I understand what you say, however, scroll back to SKY Q origins there was no streaming of BBC / Paramount / Disney / Apple / ITV / C4 on offer. Hence that is a development requiring space. OK box my have memory, but there has to be designated space to provide entry from screen. A kind of sleep function until clocking tile in apps wakes it up. On a post before I have timed ITVX loading - up to 30 seconds. So that is presumably 30 seconds of open, fetch and load. That is not like a PC app that is click and open with (on W10) max 10 seconds. But from home app to netflix works quickly - pre-loaded?

This message was authored by Houghmeister This message was authored by: Houghmeister

Re: Netflix not starting up

The second post is NOT an answer it is a work around ( that doesn't work for me !)

This has been ongoing for over 8 months. Is anyone from SKY actually looking at this or are we all just talking among ourselves? It really can't be that I difficult to resolve.

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

Re: Netflix not starting up

Going via the home app to a recommended netflix - works for me and has done the past few weeks. Going via the Appa app only works if either a) I load e.g. ITVX [up to 30 seconds] or b) hover for 10 seconds over BBC I player then ITVX then 4 then Netflix. The indicator of working seems to be that the red circle without the word Netflix occurs then Netflix opens - albeit to the last user skipping out who is watchiung netflix. Other than that fumbling around i ain't got a clue as i am not a software engineer just been a light firtler since BBC B days. But beats the daily switch on switch off tactic. as to what SKY is up to - as pointed out aeons ago that this is a user's forum, not a inform SKY forum. Wheterh SKY are bothered or not is a different question as is a definitive solution. if there was a definitive universal solution than this thread would wither as it would be sortred by some technique - which it hasn't. What works for one doesn't work for others, or, requires an amount of "under the bonnet" know how technologically. Seems like the original days of apps as in "point and shoot" are gone with streaming. Its now check loading, check aiming, check trigger recheck aim then check firing technique then fire. User friendly life ain't

This message was authored by davidmtaylor This message was authored by: davidmtaylor

I too have the same issue. Netflix does not work on my main Sky Q box which is connected to my newest television. However, it does work on my satellite boxes connected to a collection of older tv's , a mix of LGs and Samsungs.

This message was authored by lauren1421 This message was authored by: lauren1421

Re: Netflix won't open just spinning no connection

I've been having the same issues with the 'red circle.' I followed the original fix, which worked for a couple of weeks, but then I faced the issue again. I followed the suggestion by @Robw330 

and it seems to have worked by inputting your PIN.

This message was authored by KS31 This message was authored by: KS31

Netflix not working through SkyQ box

When trying to open the Neflix app through my SkyQ box it shows the Netflix logoand doesn't go any further. I have to press the home button to get back to the Sky menu. I've updated my SkyQ box software and refreshed the apps but nothing is working. Can anyone help?
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix not working through SkyQ box

@KS31 

Is it a red spinning circle you're seeing? 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by KS31 This message was authored by: KS31

Yes it is. We have waited a few minutes but it doesn't move past that screen.

@KS31 

See the post currently showing as the answer in this thread which is post number 2 on page 1.

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion