Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by ShelbyB81 This message was authored by: ShelbyB81

Re: Netflix often not working on SkyQ

Hi, I have just called Sky Custoner Service and was told that Netflix are aware of the problem and will be offering compensation to affected customers and that the issue was a problem with Netflix, not Sky. They were unable to tell me how Netflix would be aware which customers are experiencing the problem and how/when they will compensate. 

Is there a timescale of when this is likely to be fixed? 

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

@ShelbyB81 wrote:

Hi, I have just called Sky Custoner Service and was told that Netflix are aware of the problem and will be offering compensation to affected customers and that the issue was a problem with Netflix, not Sky. They were unable to tell me how Netflix would be aware which customers are experiencing the problem and how/when they will compensate. 

I don't think anyone has a clue as to when a fix will be announced but in the meantime, have you tried @Sam9999's fix back on page 14. It has helped a number of people on here

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@ShelbyB81 wrote:

That rather sounds as if you've been fobbed off to be honest, have you tried Sam's fix further back?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ShelbyB81 wrote:

No.

Have you tried the "manage access and devices menu on a PC or netflix phone app / sign out the Sky box" solution that has worked for many others but no one seems to have told Sky tech support?

Regarding the suggested compensation from netflix I find my chin remarkably itchy all of a sudden.

This message was authored by Manestream This message was authored by: Manestream

nope, since everyone is told something differant.

I myself do think its a netflix issue since i do recall them changing their system to stop MULTI sharing. But this shouldnt be an issue with sky users at all and it seems to coincide with that change that was also around the time. Multi PW sharing was also on the news with some other streamign services thinkign of taking it up since netflix showed a massive increase. However this is for subscription based seperate, so maybe sky also got hit with blockages (which is still also going on) and yes all fix's did not work though the one of logging out of netflix did last liek a week before it came back (after several power cuts) which is bloody annoying. Not goign to try any more fix attempts as they dont work, and not worth teh messing about.

What about all the older users who are already hard pressed with keeping up and still not fully usage (my mother for 1)this just confuse's her like hell. We got netflix and paramount+ free with our skyQ service and package. Paramount+ no problems, dad has amazon prime and that has no issues (i just dont like their service its all adds), we pay for appleTV+ right now but this could get cancelled at any time. Best one right now is disney+, gotta still watch teh new indiana jones movie on there and i think friday see's the new percy jackson and teh olympions series start up.

This message was authored by Doc+Dave This message was authored by: Doc+Dave

I contacted Netflix via a chat system and a guy talked me through a reset involving disconnecting everything. No recurrence so far. 

This message was authored by HarryandBella This message was authored by: HarryandBella

We have been experiencing problems with the Netflix connection for months now. Some days ii works and others we have no connection. the red circle appears without reason. We have tried all the recommended fixes and some solve the issue temporarily. Fed up with the all whole matter.I spoke to a Sky Representative yesterday. He informed me  that some customers, but not all, were having problems with the netflix. That fact made it more difficult as only some customers were having this problem He believed that someone from Sky were in communication with Netflix about resolving the matter and some compensation, which in itself was difficult as it would not apply to all customers. He asked if we were VIP customers, which we are have been with sky for over 4 years. This has been going on long enough an absolute shambles

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HarryandBella wrote:

We have been experiencing problems with the Netflix connection for months now. Some days ii works and others we have no connection. the red circle appears without reason. We have tried all the recommended fixes and some solve the issue temporarily. Fed up with the all whole matter.I spoke to a Sky Representative yesterday. He informed me  that some customers, but not all, were having problems with the netflix. That fact made it more difficult as only some customers were having this problem He believed that someone from Sky were in communication with Netflix about resolving the matter and some compensation, which in itself was difficult as it would not apply to all customers. He asked if we were VIP customers, which we are have been with sky for over 4 years. This has been going on long enough an absolute shambles

What exact fixes have you tried?

fwiw the sky techie was right. I have zero problems, for example. Don't know why not.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Re: Netflix Won't Load / Spinning Circle

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank your ongoing contribution to this thread, we’ve been working behind the scenes with Netflix and are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We have 2 active threads on the Community forum that we’re eager to clearly separate your issue with Netflix, below can you tell me what applies to you;

• Your Netflix opens but crashes and returns you to your Sky Q home screen.
  • Netflix opens, the Netflix logo appears but the red spinning loading circle appears.
  • Or, it’s something else – please let us know and be as specific as you can.

If your app is crashing, we implemented a change to the app that we believe will stop the app crashing to the home screen. Please let me know if you are experiencing this problem specifically.

If you’re seeing the red spinning circle, we’d like some of customer examples to look closer at. If you would like to offer your support, please private message me your Sky Q Serial Number and Netflix ESN which can be found in Settings > System Info.

There are some workarounds we can also suggest, we’d be eager to know if any of these have helped you:

Spoiler

Reset the settings:

1. Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote, highlight Settings then press 0,0,1 and Select.
  2. Select Reset, then Reset settings and select Confirm.
  3. Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear then press the standby button on the front of your Sky Q box, instead of the Home button on your Sky Q remote.

Resetting the settings will clear any remote pairings you have setup. To re-pair your remote to your Sky Q box, follow our online help guide. Resetting the settings will also reset:

• Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control.
  • Preferences, such as auto-play and standby mode.
  • Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, including LNB type and wireless connectivity.
  • Accessibility settings, such as contrast and audio description or subtitle settings Account info for Sky Q TV apps, such as Netflix.

Sign Out of device through Web Browse:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on Manage access and devices.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.
  7. Go to your SkyQ box and launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

Opt out of A/B test groups:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Scroll to the bottom
  5. Turn OFF test participation 
  6. Reboot device.  

I'll be marking this post as the thread 'Answer' as more people are likely to see it. Thank you,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank your ongoing contribution to this thread, we’ve been working behind the scenes with Netflix and are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We have 2 active threads on the Community forum that we’re eager to clearly separate your issue with Netflix, below can you tell me what applies to you;

• Netflix opens, the Netflix logo appears but the red spinning loading circle appears.

If your app is crashing, we implemented a change to the app that we believe will stop the app crashing to the home screen. Please let me know if you are experiencing this problem specifically.

If you’re seeing the red spinning circle, we’d like some of customer examples to look closer at. If you would like to offer your support, please fill in this form: https://forms.office.com/e/VGr0tUpv67

There are some workarounds we can also suggest, we’d be eager to know if any of these have helped you:

Spoiler

Reset the settings:

1. Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote, highlight Settings then press 0,0,1 and Select.
  3. Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear then press the standby button on the front of your Sky Q box, instead of the Home button on your Sky Q remote.

Resetting the settings will clear any remote pairings you have setup. To re-pair your remote to your Sky Q box, follow our online help guide. Resetting the settings will also reset:

• Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, including LNB type and wireless connectivity.
  • Accessibility settings, such as contrast and audio description or subtitle settings Account info for Sky Q TV apps, such as Netflix.

3. Click on Account.
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.

3. Click on Account.
  4. Scroll to the bottom
  6. Reboot device.  

I'll be marking this post as the thread 'Answer' as more people are likely to see it. Thank you,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Mark187187 This message was authored by: Mark187187

@Chloe-W22

My issue with crashing to the home screen seems to have been fixed by the update a week or so ago. 

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

Hi everyone,

If you’re seeing the red spinning circle, we’d like some of customer examples to look closer at. If you would like to offer your support, please private message me your Sky Q Serial Number and Netflix ESN which can be found in Settings > System Info.

Spoiler

Reset the settings:

3. Click on Account.

3. Click on Account.
  4. Scroll to the bottom
  6. Reboot device.  

@Chloe-W22 

I used to have the spinning icon for months but then  followed @Sam9999's fix and has been working perfectly ever since ( hope I didn't speak too soon )

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Chloe-W22 my spinning circle of death was fixed by whatever the techs did when I passed on my ESN and serial number to Kirsty a good while back (unless that was pure coincidence).

This message was authored by Manestream This message was authored by: Manestream

This only happens on the main box itself. The extra box's tend to connect to netflix with no issue's (though sometimes the program hangs and one must reconnect to netflix after exiting) but it does this usually with no problem.

The Main SkyQ box tends to be very tempermental 90% of the time you get the netflix title and a red spinning icon. Closing this going to another streaming service, exiting and trying netflix sometimes works, else its turn off the box and wait then restart it this also sometimes works but neither are guaranteed, its just pot luck as to whether it connects or not.

This message was authored by AndreaBenner This message was authored by: AndreaBenner

@Chloe-W22 

I did have the red circle of death.. I then didn't use Netflix last week.. Been on last 3 days and works OK ATM.. So not sure if there has been a fix.. Out of approx 8 accesses only 1 red circle for a few secs but then came on. The other times it was instant access..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion