Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Magpie2128 This message was authored by: Magpie2128

Re: Not receiving OTP

I was told to give it 8 days upto the 27th turnaround fix is in place and ongoing. Its unacceptable from a big company like Sky. 

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

I have been told several things and in the end they put a review on for wed. 
I have cancelled and returned the phone 

Sidtoto
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sidtoto This message was authored by: Sidtoto

Just an update on my issue, called Sky this morning to ask why I haven't received a call back as promised. Upon calling I noticed the text they send when you call actually came through. I logged in to my Santander and requested my OTP. It actually came through. So far my issue has only been with Santander but I must check and see if any other accounts that send OTP's are working. 

This message was authored by Magpie2128 This message was authored by: Magpie2128

Still not working for me. I have done everything that they have asked me to do. I got to wait 8 days as they are trying to fix it still. So frustrating.  Grrrr

This message was authored by KirstyPowis This message was authored by: KirstyPowis

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for all the suggestions.   I've rang 150 and reported the problem, they went through all the same things as everyone on here, check network settings, clean sim, etc....   They said that it was a problem that others had reported and they were working on a fix and would come back to me with an update by the end of play Monday.     I've been sent a replacement sim just in case as a back up but he said that they weren't expecting that to fix the problem.   

I'm having issues with.....

Nationwide Building Society

Barclaycard credit card

American Express credit card

NHS App

Gov. UK

Amazon

I'm not sure if this is and O2 transfer problem or just a new problem, but I have another mobile on my account that has been there for years and he has no issues at all with receiving OTP number.     My sister and niece all have sky mobile too and don't have this issue.      

Hopefully it's a temporary thing and it'll get fixed  🤞    I'll update more if they come back to me.

Appertenley, its a well know island its ongoing at the moment to fi down a fix. There is a bug in the system do I was told yesterday. I have the same problem. I was told its going to be fixed within 8 days. Let's Hooe so. Fingers crossed 🤞 

This message was authored by KMC1978 This message was authored by: KMC1978

Re: OTP issues on upgrade

Has anyone had Sky Mobile successfully fix the issue with not being able to receive OTPs?

I just logged the issue and Sky have told me it will take up to two days but I've not seen any Sky Mobile customers confirm that this problem has been fixed as everyone seems to just cancel their contract and move to another provider?

In summary:  am I wasting my time thinking that Sky Mobile is a long-term option?

This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

Re: OTP issues on upgrade

In short, yes.  I was told on Friday I would get a phone call within 48 hours and here we are, nearly into Tuesday and no phone call so I am going to be cancelling tomorrow and moving to Tesco mobile.  Sky are too big to care about their customers

This message was authored by Annieliz This message was authored by: Annieliz

Update.... after threatening to leave Sky today if OTP codes were still not being received, they have miraculously started coming through so thank you to whoever worked their magic in the background 

Mine started coming through today so, must have been fixed. 

Lucky you.  Mine didn't and so I rung up for a PAC code and went on line to get a sim only contract with Tesco.  All went swimmingly until guess what?  I needed an OTP code to finalise the transaction so ended up having to go into my local Tesco store and get the contract in store so for me no more sky and I wont miss it.  I hope you don't have any more problems.

@Annieliz  too late for me, I rung up for my PAC code today and have changed over to Tesco mobile.  

Have you tried reset your Network settings? Turn phone on and off. If not, ring them and raise a new ticket with their help desk IT and ask for compensation off your phone bill. 

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

Just ported to 02 and received my OTP straight away, clearly a sky issue.

This message was authored by AliMidlands This message was authored by: AliMidlands

Update: mine is now working as of today and am able to log in to my banking apps. Phew! 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion