Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lucy138 wrote:

@KevNewMedia hi, I can't switch it on at the mains and hold the power buttons down at the same time. It's too far away. And I don't have anyone to help so this either. Is there another way please? 

With a Glass television it can be really awkward if the power socket is to the left of the set (as ours is) with the button on the right.

One possibility may be to rig up a temporary power setup using a trailing extension lead, and then hold the button while inserting the plug into a multiway trailing socket.

Obviously it's really important to be careful if moving the set around as it's awkwardly heavy and not particularly stable on its base.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by AlfAlb This message was authored by: AlfAlb

Try the hard reset

It just worked

😀

This message was authored by Eastender This message was authored by: Eastender

It's a nigthmare sky need to get their act together not good service we are all tv addicts 

This message was authored by Droichead This message was authored by: Droichead

I have followed the steps outlined and gotten as far as entering my PIN to finish setting my puck up.

I keep getting a message that my PIN is incorrect, I have reset it and it's not working. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

This message was authored by Tina471 This message was authored by: Tina471

Re: Still no any glass

I still have no sky glass TV either, nothing is happening when I try all of the steps this really isn't good enough !!!!! 1 hour 20mins on the phone to be given a text come on sky a company as big as yours this should of been fixed hours ago .

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

Yes can't get past network setup, even though my BB is fine. It's been like this since this morning. I've spoken with Sky 4 times & nobody can help. 

This message was authored by AlfAlb This message was authored by: AlfAlb

Hi

Youre right

I had 8 tvs replacements 

TRY the hard reset

it just worked now

This message was authored by Nikkipender719 This message was authored by: Nikkipender719

I've tried both hard reset and the steps sky have given me many times. Stuck on the pin page, I'm in Cannock WS11 so maybe this is being sorted by area 

Buy smart plug will do trick

This message was authored by Garylux This message was authored by: Garylux

Re: Puck

Yes same problem since last night but the phone line will not let you speak to anyone. Do you have any idea what we have to do or just wait!
This message was authored by Leo-lion123 This message was authored by: Leo-lion123

Re: This problem is not going away i have tried everything had no tv since wednesday

Have given uo now if sky cant be bothered to answer phone maybe i will have to think about going with another provider how hard is it to pick up a phone taking money from bank account every month but wont help you bad service 

This message was authored by Booyah This message was authored by: Booyah

Sky puck won’t stay on

Is there a general problem with the Sky in relation to the pucks at the moment? Is it a software or hardware issue? Should I be asking for a replacement puck as twice in 2 days I've had to re-set up from scratch taking half hour each time? Initial issue is white light flashing, Sky coming up on tv screen then going off and no signal. 

This message was authored by Michael1231 This message was authored by: Michael1231

Re: My sky glass Tv has stopped connecting to the internet but my router works fine for my laptop

Hi this has happened to me aswell

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LiamFletcher wrote:

in my account it still says there is an outage in my area 

That appears to be very poor wording generated by the Service Checker.  There's no known 'area' affect going on here.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

I think we need to wait hopfully we will be up and running by tomorrow if not sky have a lot to answer to 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion