Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Paul380 This message was authored by: Paul380

What am I paying for

I can receive no answer at the telephone. I have been without TV services for almost 3 days. With 3 children at home. I request a replacement sky glass or a complete refund.
This message was authored by Sandra1957 This message was authored by: Sandra1957

Still no sky glass tv won’t switch tried suggested advice now 3days

Sky glass still not working tv won't even switch on 3 days now

This message was authored by ChrisW9 This message was authored by: ChrisW9

Re: My sky glass Tv has stopped connecting to the internet but my router works fine for my laptop

My sky glass has been off since Friday. Tried rebooting and installing passwords god knows how many times. I've just borrowed an old Ethernet cable and it's worked first time. Up and running within 5 minutes of connecting tv to router. Wish I thought of it sooner. 

This message was authored by bradley1234 This message was authored by: bradley1234

Sky stream puck wont come on .

I have 4 sky pucks 3 work and 1 wont come on I have tried resetting it a few times with no joy .It is now 2 days since it went off and as usual sky are nowhere to be seen when there is a problem. On hold for over an hour then I gave up and all you get is our engineers are working on it,joke after 2 days. Can sky actually fix the issue or if not just send a new puck out. The puck in question is only 2 weeks old. A reply from sky would be nice but has anybody else had a similar issue ?
GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: What am I paying for

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul380 wrote:
I can receive no answer at the telephone. I have been without TV services for almost 3 days. With 3 children at home. I request a replacement sky glass or a complete refund.

You won't get a refund or replacement set by posting here, have you actually tried the recovery steps posted both in this thread & the Sky help pages in the last day?

It won;t correct itself it needs customer intervention. See post 2 of this thread.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Sandra1957 This message was authored by: Sandra1957

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Feel your pain why don't be honest and say we cannot sort out at moment,Definitely require some sort off refund it's now becoming irritating.Hour plus on phone waiting for them to say we are working on it.

This message was authored by LIFETISABALL13 This message was authored by: LIFETISABALL13

Sky glass down and no one answering our calls

Absolutely disgusted at the lack of customer support, we have been ringing constantly since yesterday and it just cuts off , we can't access online support. This sky glass is crap and it's gone as soon as the contract is up. No doubt they'll still be charging us even though we have no service

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Still no sky glass tv won’t switch tried suggested advice now 3days

@Sandra1957  Have you followed the full steps in the post marked as answer (post 2)?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Paulbuckland557 This message was authored by: Paulbuckland557

If they're honest they'd probably be saying "we forced an update across the network which broke everything. Now we are pa picking as we can't fix it, so have taken all customer service representatives away from the phones for the time being.

We have no idea how long to fix it, so good luck everyone...."

This message was authored by JennyWrennie70 This message was authored by: JennyWrennie70

Sky glass not worked since Thursday i follow instructions but cant get past "linking unsuccessful "

Sky glass not worked since Thursday followed instructions can't get past "linking unsuccessful " looks like my account I mixed up with my ex partner which I assume is why I can't enter the on screen code

Am at my wits end no tv for 2 days

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Still no sky glass tv won’t switch tried suggested advice now 3days

Yes and yes. 😞

This message was authored by NICKRANGER1 This message was authored by: NICKRANGER1

Re: Sky glass down and no one answering our calls

Yup,  SKY glass is **bleep** 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Paulbuckland557 wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation lettuce.

However, I tried allllll of that before.

Tried again just now.

Used my mobile, on 5g (not connected to my home wifi), and cleared all web history, cookies etc.

Still it will not activate. 

Mobile on Web page says successfully activated. Glass does nothing.....:(

Are you logged in with the correct sky id for your television ? Some users have two sky id s - one for mobile and one for tv 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Reilly9 This message was authored by: Reilly9

Re: Sky glass down and no one answering our calls

Mine still off - managed to get through on phone said give it another 24 hours- I asked about compensation for lack of tv - he did not know ! So I presume that means no !

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

Cdrw111_0-1726940779039.jpeg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion