Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky glass down and no one answering our calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Reilly9  The set won't correct itself and the advise to wait 24 hours seems to be incorrect as there are steps posted in post 2 of this thread that should work for most people, have your tried these steps at all?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by LIFETISABALL13 This message was authored by: LIFETISABALL13

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

We should all just take our TV's in to store, that's where I'm heading on Monday

This message was authored by Michelle158 This message was authored by: Michelle158

Re: Sky glass not worked since Thursday i follow instructions but cant get past "linking unsucc

Mine is the same but i can't even get past software updating screen. Really annoying. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky glass down and no one answering our calls

@Reilly9 wrote:

Mine still off - managed to get through on phone said give it another 24 hours- I asked about compensation for lack of tv - he did not know ! So I presume that means no !

The fix was issued this morning..... it's on post 2 of this thread 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
GD1
Topic Author

@LIFETISABALL13 wrote:

We should all just take our TV's in to store, that's where I'm heading on Monday

Have you tried the steps in this thread?  Post 2?   

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Nella This message was authored by: Nella

I still have no sky glass this is not acceptable.  You can't even speak to anyone.  I have done all the resets as stated and still nothing.  I hope I get a rebate

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Nella wrote:

I still have no sky glass this is not acceptable.  You can't even speak to anyone.  I have done all the resets as stated and still nothing.  I hope I get a rebate

Where is the fix not working for you?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Reilly9 This message was authored by: Reilly9

Yes tried steps but when I go to activate on sky website it will not let me - says there is a problem in area

GD1
Topic Author

@Reilly9  You are using the correct Sky id for Glass?  Have you tried private/incognito mode on your browser, you need to be logged into your sky account 1st before going to the activation link.

This message was authored by Jånet This message was authored by: Jånet

I have restarted my sky glass and it updated software. Now it shows an activation code but when I log into sky and go to the activate page, it says Oops something went wrong. Is there still a problem at your end or am I doing something wrong?

This message was authored by GJ67 This message was authored by: GJ67

No assistance whatsoever - no help online or the phone. Activation!

I'm at my wits end trying to get some actual help from Sky. Friday morning I discovered I had no Glass TV. 

After following the given process I ended up with a six digit code to enter online and link to my account.

Do far so good, but after logging in I'm asked for my postcode, which isn't recognised despite living here for nearly thirty years!

After two days of phone calls, including two hours (!) today and explaining in detail each time and after wairages being told they are not tech people, I'm dumped into a never ending black hole awaiting help that never comes.

I need someone to help clear the 'postcode incorrect' barrier, to enter the code to link my TV and account so I can watch TV. Not hard you may think, but actually getting help seems nigh on impossible, whatever phone number or extension I get. No way to email a complaint or discuss with someone authorised to help.

It shouldn't be this hard to get a basic level of customer service.  Advice welcome...

This message was authored by Paulbuckland557 This message was authored by: Paulbuckland557

I only have the one sky ID and one Glass

This message was authored by Reilly9 This message was authored by: Reilly9

That's the same message I am getting

GD1
Topic Author

@Jånet wrote:

I have restarted my sky glass and it updated software. Now it shows an activation code but when I log into sky and go to the activate page, it says Oops something went wrong. Is there still a problem at your end or am I doing something wrong?

Make sure that the Sky ID you are using is the correct one, also try logging into your Sky account befopre follwoing the activation link.  if that fails try using private/incognito option on your browser.

This message was authored by johnnysuits This message was authored by: johnnysuits

Re: Sky stream not working

My service checker says there is a service issue in my area however the guy next door has sky glass and his is working fine 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion