Discussion topic: Cancellation of separate netflix subscription

This message was authored by WayneMc1 This message was authored by: WayneMc1

Cancellation of separate netflix subscription

Noticed still paying for separate netflix subscription despite being with sky and accessing netflix via this for 2 months. Netflix tell me sky should have auto cancelled the separate subscription with them, anyone known if this is true, or was it down to me to cancel the separate subscription direct with them? Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Cancellation of separate netflix subscription

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WayneMc1 wrote:

Thanks, yes, I used my original Netflix account details when first got sky and all registered fine. For some reason they continued to charge me for the separate subscription (cancelled now by me) but just didn't know whether it was something I hadn't done. I would ask sky whether there is a chance of reimbursement for the 2 months paid, but haven't a clue how to get in touch with them without getting on the phone. Thanks for replying 👍

When you log into your Netflix account does it say the billing is provided by Sky? If not then by cancelling the Netflix payment you would have just cancelled Netflix and not addressed the problem of your Sky account and Netflix account not being linked.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@WayneMc1 wrote:

Noticed still paying for separate netflix subscription despite being with sky and accessing netflix via this for 2 months. Netflix tell me sky should have auto cancelled the separate subscription with them, anyone known if this is true, or was it down to me to cancel the separate subscription direct with them? Thanks

If you followed the instructions for Netflix billing via Sky then it should happen automatically. 
If you have an existing Netflix account all you have to do is log in to the Netflix app for the first time on the Stream puck or Glass TV with the same Netflix username/email and password you've been using on other devices. Billing should then automatically switch from Netflix to Sky. You don't need to cancel anything. 
If you used a different or new email address to login to Netflix on Stream/Glass for the first time then billing wouldn't automatically switch. 

WayneMc1
Topic Author
This message was authored by WayneMc1 This message was authored by: WayneMc1

Thanks, yes, I used my original Netflix account details when first got sky and all registered fine. For some reason they continued to charge me for the separate subscription (cancelled now by me) but just didn't know whether it was something I hadn't done. I would ask sky whether there is a chance of reimbursement for the 2 months paid, but haven't a clue how to get in touch with them without getting on the phone. Thanks for replying 👍

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WayneMc1 wrote:

When you log into your Netflix account does it say the billing is provided by Sky? If not then by cancelling the Netflix payment you would have just cancelled Netflix and not addressed the problem of your Sky account and Netflix account not being linked.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion