Discussion topic: Watching Discovery+App on my tablet

This message was authored by PittB This message was authored by: PittB

Watching Discovery+App on my tablet

I have signed up for Discovery + through my Sky account and am able to watch it on my phone

I have downloaded the Discovery +App to watch on my tablet but am being asked to sign up for a subscription. I can't work out how to make the App recognise that I already have a subscription through my sky account. Using my Sky email address and password doesn't work.

Is there a way around this? 

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Watching Discovery+App on my tablet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need to login to the discovery + app using the email and password you used when you created your discovery plus account.

All the Sky linking process does is links a Sky account with a separate discovery plus account essentially informing discovery plus that you are subscribing to its service via Sky so they shouldn't bill you.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

PittB
Topic Author

Hi Mark 

Thank you for trying to help me 

I don't have  separate sign up information for the Discovery App. I have only subscribed to the TV version via Sky. Are you suggesting that I need to subscribe and pay again to use the App?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@PittB wrote:

Hi Mark 

Thank you for trying to help me 

I don't have  separate sign up information for the Discovery App. I have only subscribed to the TV version via Sky. Are you suggesting that I need to subscribe and pay again to use the App?

For discovery plus to work you need to link up ur sky and discovery plus accounts together. As it's a separate service Sky can't create a discovery plus account for you.

you need to follow the instructions here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

NOT a Sky Employee

PittB
Topic Author

Hi

Thanks again for your suggestions

The accounts are linked so I don't have a separate email address and password for Paramount. I only have the sky log in details. I works for the TV streaming 

Is it correct that I am only able to watch TNT sports on Paramount+ through the browser and not via the Paramount + App? 

@PittB you are confusing Discovery + with Paramount +, both are 2 completely separated on-demand services that can be linked to your sky account. You can watch TNT sports via the discovery + app providing you are playing Sky for your TNT Sports subscription.

@PittB wrote:

Hi

Thanks again for your suggestions

The accounts are linked so I don't have a separate email address and password for Paramount. I only have the sky log in details. I works for the TV streaming 

Thats incorrect as that isn't how the linking works. Whether its paramount plus, discovery plus, netflix, you need to create an account on that platform with specific login credentials for that platform. You then follow the Sky Guides to login in to these apps using the credentials associated with your paramount, discovery or netflix accounts which is what in the background links your sky account with your account on these on-demand platforms.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus - step 3 clearly covers you creating a new discovery + account, or logging-in using an existing discovery + account in order for the linking to work.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion