Discussion topic: Trying to sign up to SkyQ as we moved house but keep getting technical error?

This message was authored by ManxKingFamily This message was authored by: ManxKingFamily

Trying to sign up to SkyQ as we moved house but keep getting technical error?

We used to have Sky years ago but in all honesty I got fed up with them so we cancelled. We've moved house and willing to try again, but every time I try to sign up to Sky Q it comes up with a technical error. I've tried for about four weeks now. Cleared cache and tried different browsers. I want to sign up online as my son's school will get money for going through a certain link, so calling isn't something I want to do. I get all the way to the postcode stage and then it fails. There's a sky dish on the house so I know installation isnt an issue as the previous owners had SkyQ.

TIA for any advice!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Trying to sign up to SkyQ as we moved house but keep getting technical error?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ManxKingFamily 

Are you signing into yourold account when trying to sign up because if you are that will have been closed after you left so you would need to sign up as a new customer setting up a new account along the way.

If you want to use the same email address then you need to first remove it from the old account first so log into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion