Discussion topic: Sky Sports App content on PC

This message was authored by DaveF3 This message was authored by: DaveF3

Cant watch skysports+ championship games on laptop.

I downloaded sksports app and have logged in on browser to skysports and there is no option to let me watch any of the other 12.30 games other than default game Oxford v Norwich even though I have full skysports package .any ideas guys?

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Cant watch skysports+ championship games on laptop.

Streaming allows greater control over content .... the streams are not available on PCs and MACs😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Streaming allows greater control over content .... the streams are not available on PCs and MACs😉

Or laptops 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I'm afraid it is not possible to view these extra games on a laptop as you can only watch what is being shown on channels 403 and 412.

To watch the extra games you need a phone or tablet so you can install the Sky Sports app on it as is where these extra streaming games are along with Sky Q, Sky Glass and Stream.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Or laptops 

We could also add Chromebooks and many other types of device that do not support the necessary streaming app😂

Exiled in HH

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Or laptops 

We could also add Chromebooks and many other types of device that do not support the necessary streaming app😂

So true but the three mentioned are the most asked about on here 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by legoman2608 This message was authored by: legoman2608

Watching Sky Sports+ on PC

Today I wanted to watch Middlesbrough v Swansea EFL game on my PC as I'm away from home. However I could not find a way to watch this game. I downloaded the Sky Sports App for Windows but when I opened it I was directed to a web page that seemed to suggest I "upgraded' my subscription to add Now TV. Is this the only way to watch a game broadcast on Sky Sports+ that is not the main game that day? Why should I have to pay again to watch something I already pay for? I did manage to watch through my Android Tablet and the Sky Sports App but I would prefer to watch on a larger PC screen.

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something?

Re: Watching Sky Sports+ on PC

@legoman2608  You are not missing anything 

the linear channel will show but not the extra streams will only work via the app on the following 

mobile device ( iOS/andriod phone or tablet only (not available on pc, Mac or laptop 6

sky Q 

sky glass 

Sky stream 

now tv

This message was authored by legoman2608 This message was authored by: legoman2608

Thanks for the quick response but why has it been set up like this? Are there plans to make the "streams" available on PC?

@legoman2608  This is the way sky has decided to go and there are no current plans to make it available on desktop platforms 

This message was authored by Peter+Benn This message was authored by: Peter+Benn

Watching Rugby League on Sky Sports

I only want to watch rugby league and so subscribed to Action/Arena and could watch every game every week. With the move to Sky Sports+ I had to upgrade my subscription to get the new channel and continue watching all games.
I watch on a Windows PC and found out of Friday night that I can't watch the games hidden behind the red button!
Why can't I watch the streamed content on my PC?

Feeling ripped-off - i'm now paying more to see fewer games.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Watching Rugby League on Sky Sports

Red button is for Q / Glass / Stream / Mobile app

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )

@Peter+Benn wrote:

I only want to watch rugby league and so subscribed to Action/Arena and could watch every game every week. With the move to Sky Sports+ I had to upgrade my subscription to get the new channel and continue watching all games.
I watch on a Windows PC and found out of Friday night that I can't watch the games hidden behind the red button!
Why can't I watch the streamed content on my PC?

Feeling ripped-off - i'm now paying more to see fewer games.

Because sky have unfortunately decided not to make this available and currently have no plans to do so 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Peter+Benn all you can really do is send your feedback/complaint to the Viewer Relations Team by emailing them at viewerR@sky.uk .

If many customers complain or provide feedback with common themes it may hopefully encourage Sky to rethink the current implementation of the Sky Sports + service.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Reg+Giles This message was authored by: Reg+Giles

Hi, would you be able to watch the SkySports+ extra streams on a console (ie. Xbox) if you downloaded the official app?  Might be a way to use a bigger monitor.

TIA 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion