Discussion topic: Big tennis viewing improvements needed for desktop computers & laptops on Sky Sport Tennis

This message was authored by JohnWilliamson This message was authored by: JohnWilliamson

Big tennis viewing improvements needed for desktop computers & laptops on Sky Sport Tennis

I’m a UK WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) watcher, I watch almost exclusively on a desktop computer and a laptop using a browser which connects to the Sky Sports app. All the tennis I watch is live. 

The experience isn’t good, there is only one match at a time, and there is no choice as to which match or whether it’s a WTA or ATP match.

If I’ve been off the browser for a few hours, I have to log back into the website to view tennis on the app.

Previously I watched on Amazon Prime Video, which normally offered more than one WTA match, and very often offered more than one WTA tournament.

The EuroSport / Discover Plus coverage of the Australian Open was really good, offering lots of options of live games, I didn’t experience the US Open Sky coverage, so haven’t got any experience of it.

The Sky Sports set-up seems quite old-fashioned as it hasn’t been updated to account of the many desktop and laptop viewers, it appears that the focus is on traditional TVs, and also on smartphones and tablets – it doesn’t seem so good to view matches on smaller screens, most of the time it’s impossible to see the ball.

We are now almost 4 months into the Sky Sports Tennis coverage and the set-up still isn’t great – when will Sky address and update their systems to make tennis viewing on desktops and laptops a better experience?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion