Discussion topic: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

This message was authored by Suffolk+Rob This message was authored by: Suffolk+Rob

Re: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

Yes it does....

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It has me beat.

How do you normally access your email, only via a browser, or do you use any apps.

I'm just wondering if by using an app you could bypass the Yahoo check and then see the codes being sent.

This message was authored by Suffolk+Rob This message was authored by: Suffolk+Rob

Same on phone app, desktop PC and ipad app. Sky have advised me to talk to Yahoo help desk. Problem is this is chargeable, you need to sign up to a £4.80  a month contract. Have instead sent them an email.

Will wait and see.....

My problem was exactly the same as Kathleen Lexi on the original post. Anyone any idea if she resolved it ?

Other than that thanks for everyone's interest and thoughts trying to help.....

This message was authored by Adamyyy This message was authored by: Adamyyy

Did anyone every solve this ? I'm going

round in cir les

Sorry @Adamyyy  but this thread is quite long, please explain your exact problem and we may have an answer. 

This message was authored by kate007 This message was authored by: kate007

Hi. I read original thread and wondered if anyone found a solution or can help?  My situation:

- sky email (@sky.com)  user for many years without issue

- last week suddenly I couldn't get access to my email account via sky.com or my device mail. Emails to the sky email account are bouncing as not sent 

- I reset my password but I was redirected to a yahoo screen which says it sent verification code to my sky email inbox which of course I can't access!  Tried calling sky hours on end without success and many times just cut off. Each sky employee gives me different advice.  They also suggested I call yahoo but they tell me it's a sky issue.  
- the issue is that there only seems to be one way to receive a yahoo verification code but also it's not clear to me why the verification code is even needed.  
Does anyone have any suggestions please?  Thanks!

P.S did you manage to resolve your issues 

@Suffolk+Rob @Adamyyy @KathleenLexi ?

@kate007 wrote:

- last week suddenly I couldn't get access to my email account via sky.com or my device mail. Emails to the sky email account are bouncing as not sent 

That is a bit strange, was there not a reason given for it not being sent?

@kate007 wrote:

- I reset my password but I was redirected to a yahoo screen which says it sent verification code to my sky email inbox which of course I can't access!

Does it actually say your Sky address or just "your account"?

Are you able to log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

If so you should be able to change the address to one you can access.

Thanks for the message. It says it is def sending verification code to my sky email address.  I can log into my sky account (the problem starts when I try and get emails via the "yahoo mail" drop down) In "my details" i can see two email addresses one is my sky account (my usual sky email which I have lost access to and to which the code is apparently been sent to) and my "sky id user name" which has a different gmail email address. It looks like I can edit both email addresses but unsure what impact that will have on the verification code routing?  

Usually the verification code is sent to the email addrees in the Sky ID. But that would normally be for change of password, the verification you are being sent sounds a little different.

Any chance you could show us a picture of that you see, obscuring any personal details of course.?

I'm not sure Yahoo would even have your Sky account detail, just your ID as that is what is used for the email.

In your position I would set a new security question and then edit (change) your password from the other other otion in the ID section. That may just "clear down" whatever security flag is set on your account.

If that doesn't work (and I think it will) try making borh email addresses your Gmail one and see if the code is then sent there.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 19.06.14.pngScreenshot 2023-06-23 at 19.05.40.png

So after logging into sky.com and clicking the dropdown for 'yahoo mail', I get this ^.  The same is true if I try and login through any other means (apple mail, alternative links, etc.)

-- 'I'm not sure Yahoo would even have your Sky account detail, just your ID as that is what is used for the email.'

I've tried logging in using my sky id, and it doesnt recognise the account

-- 'In your position I would set a new security question and then edit (change) your password from the other other otion in the ID section. That may just "clear down" whatever security flag is set on your account.'

I've just tried this to no luck.

--'If that doesn't work (and I think it will) try making borh email addresses your Gmail one and see if the code is then sent there.'

I've tried this, and it links my gmail account to yahoo so that I can see my gmail emails there, but does nothing for my sky emails.

I have been told by email escalation team and IDM that this is a new and common issue, and they told me on Tuesday they would phone me on Thursday at 10 am to resolve, but they never did.  I'm not sure what to do from here, I desparately need to access my emails

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Do you see the same if you use this link:

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1?.partner=sky&.src=ym&reason=partner_domain

What happens if you choose the "Try another way to sign in" link ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Heya,

--'Do you see the same if you use this link:

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1?.partner=sky&.src=ym&reason=partner_domain'

This takes me to sky signin, and when I correctly put in details it takes me to the same yahoo as above.  If i don't put the correct details, it won't take me to yahoo but says my details are incorrect.

--'What happens if you choose the "Try another way to sign in" link ?'

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 19.46.33.png

This is what I get with that option, I have been trying for the last 2 weeks and it always gives the same thing.

@kate007 wrote:

--'If that doesn't work (and I think it will) try making borh email addresses your Gmail one and see if the code is then sent there.'

I've tried this, and it links my gmail account to yahoo so that I can see my gmail emails there, but does nothing for my sky emails.

I don't understand that. You give Sky your gmail address for both the ID and the Account. (That should do nothing other that tell them to send notifications to gmail.)

But you say " it links my gmail account to yahoo so that I can see my gmail emails there".

Are you saying you have a Yahoo account that you can  then see your Gmail emails in?

It's begining to sound like the Yahoo account that is sending the verification to Sky, in fact has nothing to do with Sky at all (other than having the Sky address as it's verification address)

So do you, in fact, have a  Yahoo address that you can access?

As a result of the troubleshooting steps from sky email customer service, my sky id gmail account is linked to a new yahoo account.  This was because when I was redirected from sky to the yahoo splash screen, I was advised to type my gmail adress.  I got sent a verification code to that email adress, which I can access.  Going through this process linked my gmail adress to a new yahoo account.  Yahoo did not recognise it as being linked to sky at all.

As a result, I have a yahoo account where I can view my gmail emails, and thats about it.  It does not have an associated yahoo email.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 20.43.06.png

The sky email adress is not listed as a verification or backup email adress for any other account.  It is definitely not listed for the new yahoo account linked to my gmail account.  There is no reason that I can see that the yahoo account would be sending verifications to sky?

The question is why, after passing sky email security, am I sent to yahoo for further authentification?  And why does yahoo have only one way of verifying my sky account (send verification email to that account)? 

Sorry all the problem solving attempts have made it quite confusing, does that make sense?

So if you hover over your name on the Yahoo personal info page, it shows your Gmail address?

Yes, complicated.

As Yahoo and Sky share cookies (which may be part of the problem) Make sure you are completely logged out of Yahoo, maybe even use a different browser for this.

I'm going to try using a link that I've never quite figured out what it does, but it sounds like it may be helpful.

So, use this link https://skyid.sky.com/unlockemail and it should take you to this page:; so enter your full Sky address.

jayach_4-1687551845384.png

Then press next and it shoud take you to a page with options to sign in to the account: 

jayach_5-1687552311121.png

So what are you given and are you able to use any of them?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion