Discussion topic: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

This message was authored by kate007 This message was authored by: kate007

Re: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

hi thanks. I tried above suggestion but after user/email name prompt, it goes to recapta not a robot and then, as before to the we have sent a code to your sky email...   

Very frustrating and illogical!   Does anyone have any other suggestions please?  Very much appreciated

@Suffolk+Rob @Adamyyy @KathleenLexi @jayach  @caesarome 

Thank you again.  If you come across any other suggestions I'd be grateful if you could post them. 

I wonder if Suffolk+Rob and KathleenLexi ever solved the issue.  Sky told me it is a problem being experienced by other customers.  Yahoo just suggest I call Sky, they say they have nothing to do with my email account or verification process..

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kate007 

Do you have a backup email address setup on your account ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@kate007 wrote:

Yahoo just suggest I call Sky, they say they have nothing to do with my email account or verification process..

And yet, from the picture you posted, it is them asking for verification!

Returning to an earlier post, did you successfully change your Sky password?

Hi there 

yes I successfully changed password (as evidenced by getting into my sky account and getting through user name and password check) but it falls flat because I am then redirected to yahoo 

yes it's odd. Yahoo told me they don't do verification for sky!  @caesarome @jayach 

I have a back up address on my sky account (I don't know about the email account itself) but sky call centre advised

me to change the back up address which would "upgrade" my email account and access would be restored. It wasn't.  The problem seems to be the redirect from sky email log in to yahoo and I don't know how to get around that.. @caesarome 

You said back at the beginning that you couldn't get in on your device.

I'm just wondering if using the Yahoo app on that device might just do something?

@jayach @caesarome 

I can get into my sky account on all devices but I can't get into my sky emails via any.. whether web browser sky.com or via yahoo log in screen both redirect me to the yahoo verification process.  Did you have any suggestions other than to lodge the complaint which I have done?  Thank you again 

@kate007 wrote:

@jayach @caesarome 

Did you have any suggestions other than to lodge the complaint which I have done?  Thank you again 

Other than to try the the Yahoo app, none.

I'm completely stumped.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I also have a colleague I have been assiting (I'm IT by the way) who has the exact same issue as all the others in this thread, it is not the users that are doing anything wrong it is the connection between Sky and Yahoo that needs investigating by Sky with Yahoo, not either of thier customers as can now see thousands of responses on other forums, all with the same issue! Might I suggest that this be escallated to senior Sky mangers or directors to get this sorted out with Yahoo before both of you start to lose valuable customers - us!

To add my view, this should now be raised as a Major Incident with Yahoo as has clearly breached thier SLA with SKy.com in causing an outage, for weeks now, to a large number of the sky user community with sky.com email accounts managed by Yahoo since transferred in 2013!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I wouldn't know the contents of any SLA between Sky and Yahoo, and whether or not there has been any breach, nor the number of Sky Yahoo Mail customers affected - but I doubt it's a comparatively large number.

As customers here, we have no power to raise it with either Sky or Yahoo. I assume your colleague has reported it so they'll need to follow it up, if they wish to. But in honesty, if numbers of Sky Yahoo Mail users are affected are small, as I suspect, I doubt Sky will treat it as a priority, particularly as I'm guessing they would like to see Sky Yahoo Mail decline and disappear.

Mark39, I would be very supprised if they did not have an agreement as Yahoo are managing thier emails.

The issues have been reported thousands of times on numerous Yahoo and other forums but Yahoo have not provided any response and users cannot contact them via the phone number provided by Sky as the line just advises that it is busy and to try again later - not very helpful Yahoo!

I also notice that there may be a security breach as most users are reporting that there Sky account was hacked then lost access to thier Sky.com email accounts after having reset thier Sky.com account password which of course is separate from thier Sky.com email now hosted by Yahoo so could be hackers trying to harvest login and password accounts.

Sureyly if someone on this forum knows how to get Sky to talk to Yahoo this would sort out all the many incidents. I have with my colleagued asked Sky to escalate this incident but they keep advising to contact Yahoo, which we are currently unable to do so are having to set up new non-Yahoo email accounts so others can continue to communicate with us!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Anonymous wrote:

I have with my colleagued asked Sky to escalate this incident but they keep advising to contact Yahoo...

Your post is largely speculative, but the response from Sky that you mention is pretty much as I would have expected.

@Mark39 @Anonymous 

Not sure if my last message posted correctly.

I raised formal complaint to Sky via post.  I have received a telephone call from their Priority Team who initially said I should call Yahoo but I explained they have a duty 

of care in my view and they are now liaising with Yahoo themselves.   If I do not receive resolution I note  in Skys complaints policy there is an escalation path to the regulator in the UK

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion