Discussion topic: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

This message was authored by KathleenLexi This message was authored by: KathleenLexi

Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

Hi, subject saysit all - long story - had to wipe mobile Android device - since this morning my yahoo email stopped working on all devices (browsers, tablest and mobile - apps and browser)  - requsting a re-sgn into my sky.com email. 

Now yahoo decides to ask for verification code - and tellsme its sent to. - - - my sky.com email address that i cannot get to as i am trying to sign into it. 

I can access yahoo account via mobile number and email login - but not email becasue i cannot get verification code  via email - i have alternative email and hone numbers in my yahoo account set up - when i click the send another way - i get the stupid 'uh oh' message and try again. When i directly connect to the imap servers i can see the OK response - but it still says no access because i assume its waiting for the verification MFA code. 

How do i get code sent somehwere else other than the actual email i am trying to add- any ideas? This is a crazy set up for old age pensioners! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by kate007 This message was authored by: kate007 Answer

Re: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

@Marble66  @KathleenLexi @caesarome 

@jayach 

update. After over a month I managed to regain access to my sky emails. This was only possible by raising a formal complaint which resulted in Sky contacting Yahoo directly to unlock the account.   The Sky complaints rep was helpful for sure.  Hopefully this gives hope for others who are experiencing the same issue.  

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You should not be trying to get a verification code from Yahoo (unless it is a Yahoo address you are having problems with)

What exactly are you trying to do, as it's not exactly clear why you need a verification code.

KathleenLexi
Topic Author
This message was authored by KathleenLexi This message was authored by: KathleenLexi

Hi thanks for the response. 

So my understanding is that sky.com emails migrated to yahoo infra ? 

I have yahoo mail client - and i have my gmail account and mailbox on there. 

But i have no way of checking my sky.com email as the yahoo client (Android tablet, browser, mobile) is asking me to re sign in. So i enter my myemail at sky.com as username and then its goes through the im not a robot scenario, then the slect 3 traffic lights / bikes / palm tress captcha stuff. Then it says 'verification code has been sent to myemail at sky.com

I cannot access that email mailbox (i am trying to add it) - so i then click try another way and it says uh.oh.

This behaviour is consistent across all platforms, client (inc thunderbird and other imap clients) - i simply have no way of accessing sky.com email even though i know the username and passwrod is correct. 

Because the imap server is send ing the response for a verifaction code - and the only option to get that is my sky.com email address. 

I hope this makes sense. Basically yahoo thinks sky.com is an external domain (as it used to be) so the client verifiaction thinks i can access that domain somewhere else - but my understanding is it isnt - and i cannot ? I sign into sky using my sky account , click email - takes me to the yahoo username, robot , captcha  - verifiaction loop

Same with gmail, Thunderbird, 

help !!! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What happens when you try to login in here to access your Sky email account:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
KathleenLexi
Topic Author

KathleenLexi_0-1657736936030.png

Then once through captachas -> this sent to my sky.com email address

KathleenLexi_1-1657736972768.png

So hit try another way 

KathleenLexi_3-1657737011068.png

and then this - this beahviour is identical whatver client i use - even when i do not specify yahoo mail as provider - i just use sky.com email address - and yahoo servers respond with this behaviour - its so frustrating. I know all my account details - its just a very very badly designed UX 

KathleenLexi_4-1657737048534.png

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@caesarome wrote:

What happens when you try to login in here to access your Sky email account:

Use the link @caesarome posted.

Is that via the link I posted @KathleenLexi as I'm not sure it is ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@KathleenLexi wrote:

I have yahoo mail client - and i have my gmail account and mailbox on there. 

I'm wondering if that is where the problem is. Although Sky emails runs on the Yahoo platform, they are not the same thing.

Personally I would use Outlook or Gmail  apps/cliients. (less adverts)

Try using either of those, they should both be able to use your Gmail and Sky addresses, but the Sky address will probably need a generated password on the Gmail app, https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

There should be no problems with Outlook.

KathleenLexi
Topic Author

Thank you Jayach, appreciate you taking time to respond. Yes this is all to do with the imap server response. 

I will peservere. I have actully tried just checking the challenge response using a curl request  so i can see what the servier is returning to the client - but will try the generate app key piece today - that may work better.  Effectively sky imap server is sending an auth code from whatever client is used. Problem is my set up only has my sky email address as a validation email 😞 this is not good i know, so it may be an impossible vicous circle i am in now for not having set up correct alternative mechanisms. It is set on yahoo account - but seems not correctly for sky email.

Thanks again will post if i have success today  

You still haven't said what happens when you try to login to this link:

KathleenLexi
Topic Author

Sorry - yes its the same response - because all that is is a client request to the sky imap servers - which want to send a challenge response verification code to my sky.com email address. Catch 22 i am afraid - screens below : 

Redirects immediately to here: 

KathleenLexi_0-1657793530624.png

KathleenLexi
Topic Author

Sorry - heres a smaller version : 

KathleenLexi_0-1657793729185.png

KathleenLexi_1-1657793761579.png

KathleenLexi_2-1657793791904.png

KathleenLexi_3-1657793843665.png

KathleenLexi_4-1657793881862.png

Will try the password generator - atm it is not recognising the generated pwd, still the old sky.com one. 

Thanks again everyone, i may just have to lose access. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I must be missing something. That looks like a response from the Yahoo Mail client. I don't understand why you would see that if you're logging in via the sky.com website using your browser. 

KathleenLexi
Topic Author

Its chrome (incognito too attempted) - Sky.com website redirects immediately to this Yahoo pop up challenge response verifiaction - captcha, code loop.

I have tried CURL to IMAP via CLI and seen the response. 

Its not yahoo mail client (dont have that on this macbook installed). Pure browser session. 

So frustrating - just needed an alernate way to get code (SMS , Phone, App or different email) but as soon as i click try another way it errors.  😞

Have you tried clear all your cookies from the Chrome browser then tried again to login via the link I posted ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion