Discussion topic: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

This message was authored by robert127 This message was authored by: robert127

access sky mail keeps redirecting me to sky stream

keeps saying no new customers to sky mail and redirects me to sky stream

This message was authored by Pirate+Paul This message was authored by: Pirate+Paul

Re: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

I acces my emails via edge, because its in my cache all I do is click on the last link and up pop my emails....normally. I have had problems since yesterday with getting the "we can not create a new account" message, it worked just the once as I was off to bed. Out of exasperation i tried it this morning on my mobile using chrome and it worked .....for about an hour, during which time I was able to login....now it is the same as my pc access with yes you have guessded it " we cannot create a new account"......I'm so glad that I am not the only one suffering with this problem.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bobfoth wrote:

Hi Mark,

I know you are trying to help but from the munber of people affected it must be due to something SKY/Yahoo has done to their systems....They should be dialling back to last update instead of blaming the customers

Thanks, but it's still working for me exactly as it has before, which might suggest that it's nothing to do with any update from Sky (otherwise we'd all be affected).

Re: Login error says you can't create a new account

@Andyhamp wrote:

If I try to log in after I have entered my user I'd and select next I get an error saying you can't create a new account.

What is the web address (the URL) you're trying to log into when this happens?

This message was authored by Pirate+Paul This message was authored by: Pirate+Paul

Okay this is what you need to do....you can try it yourself of phone sky and they will talk you through changing your password....go to sky.com, enter your username, then click on forgot password. Select the questions option enter your surname and todays date, then create your new password and verify it....it worked for me.

This message was authored by mcmp59 This message was authored by: mcmp59

Same issue for me. Using Edge on windows 10 and using my normal shortcut (https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/). Have to now sign into Sky account and use the drop down menu under profile on main sky page.

This message was authored by JL297241529GB This message was authored by: JL297241529GB

I got this same message from yesterday.
"Sorry, you can no longer create a new email account via Sky. We no longer offer this service. If you're an existing Sky|Yahoo Mail customer please sign in".

there were 2 ways I managed to get to my emails. (desk top home computer)

1) I clicked on the button which took me to the sky homepage. I then had to sign in to sky, and from my sky account select yahoo mail from the drop down menu. This took me to my email page.

2) Once signed in I could click on my mail icon on the task bar which again, opened my emails

Firstly this is a stupid and long winded way to get access to my emails. Secondly, even with the "keep me signed in" box ticked ieach time I open my email account I have to sign in again. Thirdly, previously 1 pinned my email sign in page to my taskbar for quicker access. This is no longer possible

@JL297241529GB see PiratePaul's post two before yours.

This message was authored by Kaza2 This message was authored by: Kaza2

Re: I can’t log into my sky email account

Reading the comments in here it seems lots of people have the same problem 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Kaza2 wrote:

Reading the comments in here it seems lots of people have the same problem 

We might agree with you, if only we knew what the error message you are getting.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Kaza2 wrote:

Reading the comments 

Have you read the posts where possible solutions have been posted ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Dgordon4 This message was authored by: Dgordon4

I've been having same probs on my mobile since 9.10.23  the error message says:

Sorry, you can no longer create a new email account via Sky.  This area is temporarily unavailable.

This message was authored by Dgordon4 This message was authored by: Dgordon4

I have been having same problems logging in on my mobile since 9.10.23  The error message says:

Sorry, you can no longer create a new email account via Sky.  This area is temporarily unavailable.

Not trying to set up a new email account, just trying to access my current one. 😞

@Dgordon4 wrote:

I've been having same probs on my mobile since 9.10.23  the error message says:

See the suggestions in this thread: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Email/Cannot-gain-access-to-Yahoo-email-account/td-p/4442094

This message was authored by Poltomic This message was authored by: Poltomic

As previous posters can't access my email

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion