Discussion topic: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: When logging into my Sky Yahoo email account I am redirected to a "Sky" announcement

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@taffy303 have you tried the suggestions here?

This message was authored by Alan+Nichol This message was authored by: Alan+Nichol

Re: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

As with everybody else on this thread, I am having the same problems.  The problems seem to be the same as those I have read.

This message was authored by taffy303 This message was authored by: taffy303

Re: When logging into my Sky Yahoo email account I am redirected to a "Sky" announcement

Thanks. Can now work around it to access emails but still an issue.

This message was authored by CWEE This message was authored by: CWEE

I am having the same problems as everyone else it would seem.  My husband is as well. It started yesterday (Firefox browser), so I tried Chrome and lo and behold all was ok and  I was able to access my emails (pc by the way), but this morning sadly I can't get in on Chrome either.  Hubby managed to get on to our mails another way, but what a carry on!

We have been with Sky since the begining and we were on the cusp of ringing up for a new broadband deal, however this has made us stop and think as this is not the first time the email system has 'gone kaput'.  It's pointless ringing Sky as they lay the blame on the customer and yet we all seem to be having similar problems.

This message was authored by Kjdj This message was authored by: Kjdj

Sky yahoo email working on one device but error message on another

Hi

I can not access my yahoo sky emails on one phone and get error message you can not create new account, even though I am just trying to log in with my usual sign in. I can access on other  devices. I have tried chatbot / virtual assistant but no help and also can't get through on telephone

I have scanned phone for virus etc and all seem clear 

Any ideas on how to resolve please

This message was authored by robert19968 This message was authored by: robert19968

When trying to access my emails on my laptop, Sky informs me that it is no longer able to ''create 'a new enail address' and I am directed to sky.com for tv / mobie / bills etc. All I want to do is access my Yahoo email account to read/send, After 20 plus years when I moved in December 2022 I had to transfer too BT for TV, broadband, phone, email etc as only way you could continue was with me purchasing Sky Glass TV as flats I moved to had communal Sky dish maintained by seperate company needing £200 plus per year to use it. Googled problem which happened today see start of this email and found that I could continue using my Sky email which I have had for ther past 20 odd years. What is going on? 

@robert19968 when did you last successfully log I to Sky Yahoo Mail? Which URL are you using?

For anyone seeing the 'cannot create a new email account' message, we can raise this with Sky in a closed forum but we'll need to know specifically how you're trying to log in when you get,this message.

That is: are you using an email app like Outlook, or Yahoo Mail, or are logging in via Sky's website using your browser - and if you're logging in via your browser what is the website address (URL) you're using?

This message was authored by Helenandolly This message was authored by: Helenandolly

Unable to access my email

I am unable to log into my sky email account? Each time I go to log in a message appears and states Sorry you can no longer create a new email account via sky? Is this happening to anyone else and how do I rectify this

Re: Unable to access my email

@Helenandolly wrote:

I am unable to log into my sky email account? Each time I go to log in a message appears and states Sorry you can no longer create a new email account via sky? Is this happening to anyone else and how do I rectify this

See the previous replies here.

This message was authored by Bobfoth This message was authored by: Bobfoth

Hi Mark,

I know you are trying to help but from the munber of people affected it must be due to something SKY/Yahoo has done to their systems....They should be dialling back to last update instead of blaming the customers

This message was authored by Kaza2 This message was authored by: Kaza2

I can’t log into my sky email account

There is an error message, not allowing me to view my sky emails 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I can’t log into my sky email account

@Kaza2  We need to know what the error message is before we can help.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Andyhamp This message was authored by: Andyhamp

Login error says you can't create a new account

If I try to log in after I have entered my user I'd and select next I get an error saying you can't create a new account.

If I log into my sky account then try to log in to my emails it works

This message was authored by garev This message was authored by: garev

Same issue for me. Using firefox on windows 10 and using my normal shortcut (https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/) or the drop down menu under profile on main sky page.

I just get this

Capture.PNG

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion