Discussion topic: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sbutter 2 step verification hasn't been available for Sky Yahoo Mail for anything like 5 years, so I suspect you're thinking of the wrong code.

When you set up 2 step verification a Recovery Code was displayed on screen, with a recommendation which you had to acknowledge, that you  saved it somewhere separate, as it's emailed to your Sky Yahoo Mail address.

If you can't find it, Sky's help page here indicates that you'll need to contact them (not Yahoo) - see the bit in the box here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/two-step-verif/articles/two-step-verification Finding an adviser who knows how to help might be a challenge.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Sky email only implemented one time passcodes last year so to turn it off you need to enter the recovery code you were given when you first turned it on. You can then set it up again with your new mobile number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Sbutter This message was authored by: Sbutter

Unfortunately I cannot find that recovery code I have searched every where for it. 

And scrolled through all my messages texts etc nothing anywhere 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Sbutter wrote:

Unfortunately I cannot find that recovery code I have searched every where for it. 

And scrolled through all my messages texts etc nothing anywhere 

It's not sent by text. It's only displayed on screen and sent to your Sky Yahoo email address, which obviously you can't now access, unfortunately. Sky's two step login isn't a very sophisticated implementation I'm afraid. I don't think there's any alternative but to try Sky again.

This message was authored by Mary80 This message was authored by: Mary80

Is there a sky number I can call direct please

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Mary80 

There is no direct number.

150 is the free number to use from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk phone otherwise under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

When calling just say your Sky account has been locked and not yoru email account as saying this will get you no where.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion