Discussion topic: Sky Talk Landline not working

This message was authored by TN This message was authored by: TN

Sky Talk Landline not working

My Sky Talk service is not working at all.

My broadband is working fine but I am unable to make or receive calls. 
I have a Sky micro filter plugged into the wall socket and I have tried a different filter but with no joy.

Have run through all the help guides with no solution, and the line check just seems to be for broadband and not voice.

Our router doesn't have a voice element to it and we don't have internet voice calls.

Is there any way to get the line checked please?

Best Answers
TN
Topic Author
This message was authored by TN This message was authored by: TN Answer

Re: Sky Talk Landline not working

We had to call in the end. The found a fault on the line and an engineer is coming out to diagnose and repair hopefully 🤞

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You'll need to report it to Sky. If you wish, we can ask the messaging team to contact you here so that you can do that?

TN
Topic Author
This message was authored by TN This message was authored by: TN

Yes, please could you contact them so I can report it.

Thank you.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@TN 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by JulesNsean This message was authored by: JulesNsean

Hi 

my landline is down and I have tried all the tips to fix it but need someone to come out and fix it can anyone help. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@JulesNsean 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by JulesNsean This message was authored by: JulesNsean

Thank you. 
I've already uploaded a picture of the set up I have and I've got the reference number. 

Are you the same member as @TN ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

No.  

Then the messaging team here will be in contact as per my post as they can run tests on your line and if they find a fault can book an engineer repair.

TN
Topic Author
This message was authored by TN This message was authored by: TN Answer

We had to call in the end. The found a fault on the line and an engineer is coming out to diagnose and repair hopefully 🤞

We all sorted now thank you all for your help 😊

This message was authored by MariaB3 This message was authored by: MariaB3

I have the exact same problem with my Sky Talk landline. Cracked noises and cannot be heard at the other end. I tried the diagnostics and help, plugged/unplugged the connection, checked with a cordless phone (the same issue). Anyone can help with more advice?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@MariaB3 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later today.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that appears you have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion