Discussion topic: Sky Talk Landline not working

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Talk Landline not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rianslater03 if you know you have Sky internet calls, try resetting your Hub, as explained in the help guide here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/fix-phone-problems-voice-off-amber-broadband-hub

If not, try your phone plugged into the wall socket, via a microfilter if the socket  doesn't have a separate port for the phone.

If neither resolve it, the fault will need to be reported to Sky. If you wish, we can ask them to contact you here so that you can do so via a private online chat?

This message was authored by Rianslater03 This message was authored by: Rianslater03

Both have been tried and still no working and no voice light. 

This message was authored by Rianslater03 This message was authored by: Rianslater03

Yes could you please get me in contact with a sky member thanks. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Rianslater03 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @Rianslater03.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @Rianslater03 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by George4422 This message was authored by: George4422

I'm having similar problems with sky talk landline. Unable to make or receive any calls for approx 2 weeks. Raised issue with sky but have had no further contact since sending pictures of set up. 

many help would be greatly appreciated.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@George4422 

You will need to re-contact Sky and see if they've received an update from Openreach.

This link explains auto compensation for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by George4422 This message was authored by: George4422

Ideal, I'll do that now. Thanks a lot.

This message was authored by YShen This message was authored by: YShen

We have problem with landline for about 10 days now. Have tried all steps suggested above and each replaced with a new cable, still no ringtone at all. On top of line rental, we have international call package in the monthly bill as my husband calls his elder relative in Germany everyday using landline , so it is really not ideal we can't make/receive calls. Can someone please help and/or escalate the case? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@YShen 
Try running the below test. If it detects an external fault it may give you the option of booking an engineer. Openreach’s target fix times is within 2 working days from when they’re notified by Sky.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/fix-phone-problems-start

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by YShen This message was authored by: YShen

Thank you, but I tried that already. It gives me option either to come to this forum or call Sky support....

@YShen 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later. If a fault is shown they'll notify Openreach. 

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @YShen an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Jenny131248 This message was authored by: Jenny131248

Re: Sky Talk Landline not working,

My landline isn't working, I have internet connection but cannot receive calls or make calls from my landline

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion