Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Cam4 This message was authored by: Cam4

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

@heatherlloyd1 wrote:

You get up in the night and watch it just like Australian swing.

Not quite is it? With Discovery at least they had on demand so you could watch it in your own time.

Skys's on demand is terrible. It's selective and they take at least 24 hrs to be made available.

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

Response received from viewerR

The new channel is currently on 408, however it will move permanently to 407 on the 13th of February.  Once this move is complete, you should be able to add series links from this time without issue  however should you encounter further problems after this time, please let us know.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind Regards

Andy

Viewer Relations.

I believe the red button should work ok from then aswell.Hope this helps or not.

This message was authored by Lorraine+C+C This message was authored by: Lorraine+C+C

@jo999well it looks like you can record.  I said Tennis to voice control and it gave me lists of tournaments/ games.  when I selected one I was able to hit record.  so maybe that will work for usa.

my problem there was I could not select to watch a live match.  Had to go back to channel 408 and press red button. 

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Looking a lot more promising compared to what we've had for the last few weeks.

It will be interesting to see how much match choice we have later today when there will be three live tournaments: Rotterdam, Buenos Aries(3 Hr time difference) & Delray Beach(5 Hr time difference).

I am guessing they will concentrate on matches with Brits playing e.g. Raducanu in Doha and Norrie, Evans and Broady in the American tournaments.

Hopefully the On Demand service will improve with a greater selection  of matches and faster posting.

Perhaps Sky then will start to get praise for the great tennis service they have been heralding.

This message was authored by Francello This message was authored by: Francello

Re: Sky Sports Tennis launches this week!

Why is the Rotterdam tournament not on the red button? How do I watch it?

This message was authored by colum This message was authored by: colum

SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

SKY  STREAM

Why won't the red button function work to allow a user to select the

other courts as it advertised  for sky Q,  sky Glass  and the app?  This a BIG service  limitation

for tennis fans. 

The  on screen presentation oganisation of the various tournaments is to say

the least amaturish and repeats  how  it was Now  for the first week of the US  Open last September..

Why can't the Tennis Channel  just drop down to a dedicated and an easy to follow list of  the 

tournaments available  and  then  list the available choices on the selected tournament?

This seems to say that the Stream servcie is just a subset of the  offering..

SKY should go back and how professional  Prime were when they ahd the franchise.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The red button service does work for Sky Tennis on Stream. I tested it out myself yesterday after the channel launched.

When you switch over to Sky tennis you see a "court choice" message appear on the bottom right of the screen for about 30 seconds telling you to press the coloured dots button.

If you aren't seeing that I'd suggest rebooting your stream puck by unplugging it for a couple of minutes.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by jujuge This message was authored by: jujuge

Hello @VickyM1 and other Sky Sports on VM users.

Discovered completely by accident this morning:

On Sky Tennis channel: Following pressing the red button, one sees a list of content for different sports down the right hand side. If you highlight the tennis one then press right on the remote you can step through the current Sky content (which includes upcoming), and select the court you want to watch.

I assume it works for other sports too.

This message was authored by colum This message was authored by: colum

Re: SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

Phew!

OK THANKS FOR THE REPLY   AND WILL TRY IT OUT LATER

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@jujuge wrote:

Hello @VickyM1 and other Sky Sports on VM users.

Discovered completely by accident this morning:

On Sky Tennis channel: Following pressing the red button, one sees a list of content for different sports down the right hand side. If you highlight the tennis one then press right on the remote you can step through the current Sky content (which includes upcoming), and select the court you want to watch.

I assume it works for other sports too.

Yeah that's pretty much how it was for the US Open last year

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS028.516.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by VickyM1 This message was authored by: VickyM1

Please can someone tell me if the red button on Virgin for the  the new tennis channel is working or not. I have spoken with someone at Virgin today who didnt understand what I was trying to tell them and they then put the phone down on me.  They kept telling me it was a fault with my TV or remote but I am thinking its a problem between Virgin and the new tennis channel.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@VickyM1  If you are watching the channel via VMTV it might be worth while posting the same question on virgin's own community website if you haven't already done so 

technical issues like this are the responsibility of your isp/tv provider not the channel owner 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by MoToye This message was authored by: MoToye

@VickyM1  I'm with Virgin 360 (with the new remote) and if I go to the New SKY tennis channel 520 and hit the red button, I get match options on a pop-up screen on the right.

Does your box automatically make software updates? If so you could try this in your Virgin box settings. Have you used the red button before on other channels? I knew someone who was pressing the red 'record' button instead of the red coloured button beside the other coloured ones. I apologize if that's an insult to your intelligence, I'm just trying to think what it could possibly be.

This message was authored by james1867 This message was authored by: james1867

Hello

I  think you may have the same problem as me.

I have a VM V6 box and unfortunately the red button will not work for Sky Sports Tennis.

It will only work on the VM 360 box.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@james1867 wrote:

Hello

I  think you may have the same problem as me.

I have a VM V6 box and unfortunately the red button will not work for Sky Sports Tennis.

It will only work on the VM 360 box.

That's deliberate, only TV 360 & Stream , I assume its ip streams

V6 (which can be 'updated' to Horizon platform) & Tivo aren't getting new red button functionality anymore.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion