Discussion topic: Sky Q in Spain

This message was authored by sanam7 This message was authored by: sanam7

Sky Q in Spain

Hi There,

I know that Sky Q is available in Germany but I want to gift one my uncle in Spain so that he can enjot HD sports/football 🙂

Is the service available there? If not, what are my alternatives? He will be mostly interested in Sports/Football on TV.

Thanks in advance! 

Best regards,

Sanam

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Q in Spain

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sanam7  Sky don't operate in Spain, they operate in the UK/ROI, Germany & Italy.

He'll need to seek out the local Operator for Satellite subscription TV, all channels would be Spanish Language certainly for Movies & Sport.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@sanam7 wrote:

Hi There,

I know that Sky Q is available in Germany but I want to gift one my uncle in Spain so that he can enjot HD sports/football 🙂

Is the service available there? If not, what are my alternatives? He will be mostly interested in Sports/Football on TV.

Thanks in advance! 

Best regards,

Sanam

A aubscription option is Movistar+: https://www.movistarplus.es/ or a free alternative is Pluto TV: https://pluto.tv 

Both are available in Spain.

Another option is getting a satellite and a free-to-air receiver and pointing the satellite at the Astra 28.2ºE (the same one Sky uses) and watching Viaplay Xtra and Sporty Stuff and any other free-to-air sports channels. Free-to-air UK channels would also be available. 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

You won't get premium sports/movies on Pluto. It is just a free streaming service available in many countries (including UK) full of virtual channels, many showing a single programme 24/7. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sanam7 

The Premier League in Spain will keep on being shown by 'DAZN' until 2025. The online platform announced in an official statement that they had renewed their contract with the English league for another three seasons after this one. An agreement with 'Movistar' means that this content can also be seen on television as well as online. 

https://www.besoccer.com/new/premier-league-in-spain-to-stay-on-dazn-until-2025 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion