Discussion topic: Netflix previews

This message was authored by Ben+R+W This message was authored by: Ben+R+W

Re: Netflix auto play previews don’t work since app was updated a few days ago.

This is the same as me. I called Netflix and after trying every troubleshoot there was he said my tv must be too old. So I've gone out and brought a brand new tv and it still doesn't work. It will not work on sky. Sky is the issue. Please resolve it. And pay for my tv 😁

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Netflix auto play previews don’t work since app was updated a few days ago.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Regardless of whether the app is running on the Sky platform or not, Netflix own the app and therefore are the ones responsible for fixing it. Clearly it's not a high priority issue in their mind.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by SB6 This message was authored by: SB6

Re: Netflix previews

Still having this issue - answered by Sky a month ago but still no fix? 

contacted Netflix and they said it's nothing to do with them...

This message was authored by Minty+dog This message was authored by: Minty+dog

So I know sky are aware of the issue as mentioned in the threads , but are they actually working on it at all ?  
been a problem for some time now and not really acceptable...

any ideas when this will be resolved??

This message was authored by dollie22 This message was authored by: dollie22

Netflix Previews

Please can this problem be fixed its so annoying and i really miss it for when i am flicking through its been like this since Dec surely there is a fix by now 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Netflix Previews

How to make a complaint to sky: Sky Customer Complaints Code of Practice

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@dollie22 

I've moved your post into a thread already discussing this issue. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

I agree, and I'm sure there are many more people it's the same issue. @Sky

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Ben+R+W 

I'm afraid the person you tagged in your post is a customer who unfortunately picked that tag name and has probably been regretting it ever since. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Personally I always found the spoilers contained in Netflix 'previews' to be extremely annoying, and so don't miss them in the slightest and would prefer them never to return.  Other opinions on the subject are available.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

There are options for you never to see them again. Go to Netflix account click more. Manage profile. Select the profile you would like to edit. Change the setting Autoplay previews to off. Simple. 

now for the people that want to enjoy their life we'd like for the option to see previews. I imagine Virgin customers do not have this issue 😏

This message was authored by Surinder99 This message was authored by: Surinder99

Just to reiterate so people don't continue to guess, this is NOT a Sky issue per se. The Sky Q Box uses the app that Netflix provide. When Netflix decided to upgrade the Sky App back in December in order to implement their new restrictions on Netflix account sharing, they introduced a bug and as a result, the previews stopped working for the Sky Q Netflix app.

I have contacted Netflix and they are FULLY AWARE of this bug with the Sky app. And they informed me that they DO NOT intend to fix it at any time in the near future as it is not considered a high priority issue for them. At this point in time they aren't even sure if they intend to fix it all.

So please stop wasting your time calling Sky (it's not their issue) and please stop calling Netflix (they really don't care just now). For people who really miss the previews, the only way you can see them is to access Sky via your phones, laptops or Smart TVs.

This message was authored by Lady-e This message was authored by: Lady-e

This is also happening to me but worksnormally on the sky q mini just not the main box 

This message was authored by Babster This message was authored by: Babster

same problem led me to this thread.

oh well, time to cancel Netflix as we have just done with Amazon. Treating customers with such disrespect. There's so many alternatives out there now, the 2 companies monopoly is over

This message was authored by Grizzlie+Bear This message was authored by: Grizzlie+Bear

Hi 

I agreed with you. My Netflix auto play preview stopped working in Netflix app via sky q. I contacted Netflix and been advised that it's sky issues. Talking to a technician now from sky, he just asked me to update the software, did it but to no avail. I like him to escalate the issue hopefully this issue will be investigated further. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion