Discussion topic: Discovery +

This message was authored by pda This message was authored by: pda

Discovery +

Anyone else having issues with Discovery +. I have followed all the instructions, however when I actually want to watch anything on Discovery + it keeps telling me to upgrade?

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Discovery +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sha6 wrote:

No I do not see that screen mine says manage subscription to upgraded visit discovery+ .com

do you think I need to deactivate discover+ and start again 

thanks

So if you aren't seeing that then your sky and discovery + accounts haven't linked. So all you can do is go through the on-boarding/linking process again.

It seems to be quite common for the linking to not work the first time. I had to link it twice it order to get discovery+ to work. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @pda. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @pda. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Sha6 This message was authored by: Sha6

I am having the same issue with discovery+ 

just keeps saying I need to upgrade 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Sha6 when you go into manage accounts on your Discovery + account what does it say under the subscription type. Does it show similar to the screenshot below?

MarkGoldsmith_0-1707653787860.png

NOT a Sky Employee

No I do not see that screen mine says manage subscription to upgraded visit discovery+ .com

thanks

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@Sha6 wrote:

thanks

So if you aren't seeing that then your sky and discovery + accounts haven't linked. So all you can do is go through the on-boarding/linking process again.

It seems to be quite common for the linking to not work the first time. I had to link it twice it order to get discovery+ to work. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Natinda This message was authored by: Natinda

I'm having the same issue, spoke to sky for over an hour last weekend and still not resolved. The discovery plus team advised that sky need to unlink the account so that i can link it again, but sky don't seems to have unlinked it yet (it has been over a week). I would appreciate a resolution from sky online, as don't fancy a repeat of being passed to 5 different employees again who didn't seem to understand the problem. 😞 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Natinda wrote:

I'm having the same issue, spoke to sky for over an hour last weekend and still not resolved. The discovery plus team advised that sky need to unlink the account so that i can link it again, but sky don't seems to have unlinked it yet (it has been over a week). I would appreciate a resolution from sky online, as don't fancy a repeat of being passed to 5 different employees again who didn't seem to understand the problem. 😞 

I could be wrong but I would suspect discovery need to unlink it from their end as Sky won't have access to your discovery plus account to unlink it. It's your discovery plus account that will be linked to Sky and will say that the billing is provided or managed by Sky. In theory that is what needs to be cleared/reset from your discovery plus account and then the discovery plus account wouldn't be associated with your Sky account.

NOT a Sky Employee

Thanks, I will query with the Discovery team again, however they said it would be sky who would need to unlink, and they were unable to recognise my email address as a Sky linked email address, even though my same email is linked to both sky and discovery. I seem to be stuck in the middle 😞 

@Natinda wrote:

Thanks, I will query with the Discovery team again, however they said it would be sky who would need to unlink, and they were unable to recognise my email address as a Sky linked email address, even though my same email is linked to both sky and discovery. I seem to be stuck in the middle 😞 

@Natinda when you go into manage accounts on your Discovery + account what does it say under the subscription

NOT a Sky Employee

It says "good news, you already have discovery +. You just need to open the app and sign in to start watching". I do this, using the same email address as my sky account, and it says i need to upgrade. Weird thing is that it was working fine until a few weeks ago, then it signed me out and when I signed back in again, it suddenly started saying I needed to upgrade, and now the Discovery + team is saying they don't recognise my email address as one that is linked to sky. 

Natinda  let me know if you solve this as I am still having the same problem and I have given up trying to solve it it's taking up too much time 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Natinda 

I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll then have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll just need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Natinda an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion