Discussion topic: Blue screen - Please wait

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Blue screen - Please wait

@Exiled-in-HH I agree and that is what I was told by Hyperoptic.

@GD1  WiFi, but it happens on both. Hyperoptic have said they have updated so surely this is now an issue with Sky? 

Sky stream is such a great product but just a little frustrating that I am still having issues, like many others. Also what is happening is when watching iPlayer, it often shuts down during a program and then the stream puck restarts. Also had freezing on UHD sky sports main event in the last week

Thank you both for your help

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

You will have to report the issue to Sky for their comment😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony  We can escalate your post to the Community Mesaging team as we've tried averything here.  Would you like this to be done?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Hi @GD1 i have spoken to Sky and they have said there is nothing they can do apparently. They have been very helpful. I have got a call with HO Monday, so what I will do, I will see what they say, and then come back to you. Is this ok? 

Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated

@Super+Anthony  Not a problem, if you just post a new reply in this thread we'll be able to raise the escalation.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you ever so much. What is your general feeling on these issues? @GD1 Very much appreciate your support and you being very courteous thank you

@Super+Anthony  I'm on Virgin Media (1Gbps) and even when VM had similar issues I never encountered them, i think at that time it was also a DNS or IPV6 issue but I use googles DNS.

I suspect there still could be intemittent issues with one or 2 customers on HO, but until you speak to them & Sky it's just speculation.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you @GD1. I am on Cloudflare or swapped to them a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I should swap to Google? Do you have a view or as you say Let's wait for me to talk to HO. I will back in touch with Tuesday evening or Wednesday. Thanks again

@Super+Anthony  There's no harm in using the google dns.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I did a factory reset yesterday as advised by HO and spoke to sky about it as well. It's still happening. My broadband speeds are perfectly fine and around 500Mbps

Not sure that Hyperoptic should be recommending factory resets of the Sky Stream.

That is seen as a last resort (despite it being in the puck settings) and it has caused some issues for customers in the account reactivation process that a support call to Sky has to be made to resolve.

This probably is not a speed issue. We know you have a good connection speed, this is more an intermittent connection drop on your local network to the router.

Are you still using the Cloudfare dns?

That Myself and yourself talked about in the 'iPlayer issue' thread on here and from your posts on the main  Hyperoptic  thread, now closed.

Should not be a problem for this, just curious.

Even though you did a factory reset.

I would try doing a full network reset within the puck settings on your puck.

Making sure after doing that under Settings > Start up and Standby that Networked standby mode is ON and Overnight power saving is OFF

Then doing a power switch off of the puck for about ten minutes.

Up to you on doing a router restart at that time also, but it will not harm.

Expect with your previous dns issues, you have done that many times recently and do not wish to.

If you do, make sure the router is up and ready before repowering the puck.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you @GD1 

@lettice where do you go for doing the network refresh? I can't locate it under system management on my Sky stream. I am still on Cloudflare . Thank you as well for your help 

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Thank you @GD1 

@lettice where do you go for doing the network refresh? I can't locate it under system management on my Sky stream. I am still on Cloudflare 

Settings > Network connection

Select status and go right selecting reset.

Ok, stay on Cloudfare for now.

Not a good idea to keep changing your dns too often.

At some time, like I said before, in a few weeks if HO have really fixed their own dns paths to go back to their own dns settings.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you @lettice . Doing that now. Will then talk to HO and then reach out to @GD1 on here if no luck

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Damm. @lettice I didn't check the settings before turning off. Shall I do the reset again when turning back on? I have just checked the settings and it's on for network stand by and off for overnight power saving

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Damm. @lettice I didn't check the settings before turning off. Shall I do the reset again when turning back on? I have just checked the settings and it's on for network stand by and off for overnight power saving

No need to do the network reset again as both those settings you mention above are the recommended ones.

I only mentioned it, in case the network reset rest those.

The power reset you did will help to force and keep them.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion