Discussion topic: Blue screen - Please wait

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Blue screen - Please wait

Thank you both once again, very much appreciate all this. Just want everything to work correctly, as stream is fantastic. 
As mentioned, there are a couple of issues and that is

1. blue screen start up

2. issue with iPlayer

3. freezing on channels

Let's see if any of these sort it self out after all your excellent help

Have a good weekend if you don't hear from me again and till Wednesday or Tuesday evening

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Right guys, the good news is that I did not get the blue screen and the please wait this morning. Not getting carried away though as has done this previously. I will monitor it for the next few days @lettice @GD1 

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Happened again this morning....ugh

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony  It may be best to get the post Escalated.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

I have the call with HO tomorrow, so shall we wait. What you think? Thank you ever so much @GD1 

Happy to go with what is best

@Super+Anthony  We can wait if you oprefer to see if HO are able to resolve.  Just post back on the thread and we'll pick it up for you.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you @GD1 it's very odd why it was ok yesterday and today not. It will now do it every day like last time. You being very helpful thank you. I will let you know how I get on with HO 

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

I have just spoken to HO and they are sending me a new router. He also mentioned it's difficult with regards the blue screen as there are several people having the same issue but as far as he can see, everyone has different set ups and it's all very random

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I have just spoken to HO and they are sending me a new router. He also mentioned it's difficult with regards the blue screen as there are several people having the same issue but as far as he can see, everyone has different set ups and it's all very random

I'm sure you know by now 😀

Once you have your new router up and running.

On each of your Sky Stream pucks, do a full network reset within the puck settings on your puck.

If I recall correctly you use wifi to connect rather than Ethernet.

Making sure after doing that under Settings > Start up and Standby that Networked standby mode is ON and Overnight power saving is OFF, just in case the network reset changes these options, we are told it is not supposed to.

Put your Sky Stream puck on standby by pressing the Standby button on your Sky remote or on the bottom of your Sky Stream puck.

Switch off your Sky Stream puck at the mains or if no socket switch, unplug it from the socket. Leave off for about 30 seconds, there is  no need to actually unplug the cable from the back of the actual puck.

Turn all back on.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Super+Anthony
Topic Author

I only have one puck. @GD1  Do you think I can take up your kind offer and see if Sky can do anymore in the mean time?

Thank you though @lettice you been very helpful

@Super+Anthony   To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thank you @GD1. Where exactly will I see the blue bubble? 
Once again @lettice @GD1 I appreciate all your help, you have all been very supportive along with HO and Sky and are trying hard to sort all the issues out

@Super+Anthony  It should appear bottom of the screen when you log in to the community, if you have any pop up blockers on you may need to deactivate them.

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

@GD1 Thank you so much. Not seen anything as yet. Maybe if they could email me, that would be easier, if possible?

@lettice  If I plug it through the Ethernet, do I follow same path? Obviously I need to turn off WiFi. If you can provide instructions, that would be awesome

@Super+Anthony  Have a read of this as it explain how the messaging works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion