Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by modii This message was authored by: modii

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

I had the old version sky Q box which was pixalating on apps used through sky.  The engineer came out and fitted the new version sky Q box and the apps and Sky cinema are now unwatchable.  Netflix and the other apps just keeps disconnecting from the Internet altogether and Sky cinema continously flicks a black screen up.  My broadband speed is 60.  I have had enough now.

This message was authored by Richard+Byron This message was authored by: Richard+Byron

Got a V2 box with external supply all is fine now thankfully 😅 

This message was authored by JibbaJoy This message was authored by: JibbaJoy

Re: Prime and Disney plus pixelating

Take a look at this thread - it's a know issue:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-Q-Apps-pixelating/td-p/4692163/page/8

SkyQ [H/W: 32B106] + 3 mini
Samsung 55" Neo QLED UHD TV
Swish Fibre 150 Symetrical
Linksys MX5400 Mesh network

My new sky Q box has an external unit so it doesn't over heat but things are worse now than before.  The pixalation was very annoying but the disconnecting problem is far worse with the latest version sky Q box.  It is impossible to watch now.

This message was authored by Halil1974 This message was authored by: Halil1974

I've just called Sky to complain and apparently they are aware of an issue and they are working on it. Next update it hopefully it should be resolved but no timeline given. We need more people to ring up and complain so they can deploy update much quicker 

Follow up from previous remark.

I changed the old sky hdmi cable on my new sky Q box and its working.  No black screen or disconnecting from the apps.  If you have a new sky q box and still have issues it might be worth a try.  The engineer didn't change any of the cables from the old box.  No pixalation so far either.😊👌

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

@Halil1974

Same answer as in mid July then, don't expect anything soon!

This message was authored by Juliejoy This message was authored by: Juliejoy

I emailed in my complaint and sent link to this forum.  Said new box with external power pack would seem to resolve issues for lots of people.  They rang me back following day (last Saturday), agreed to new box and engineer came out yesterday to install new box and all seems OK so far with no pixelation.  Engineer fully aware of issue and was really helpful.  Got us all set up and made sure everything, including mini box and all remotes working.

This message was authored by Halil1974 This message was authored by: Halil1974

I also said if it's a know issue why hasn't there been something put on the app so everyone is aware it's very bad customer service. I assumed mine was due to old tv which actually did break down with no picture but there was voice. So I bought a new one but still using same issues in prime and Disney. I'm going to give them till the end of the month and if it's still doing the same thing then I'm going to call back and ask for an engineer. We all pay a lot of money to use Sky so this isn't acceptable. 

This message was authored by BB5585 This message was authored by: BB5585

@Halil1974 I wouldn't wait to call sky until the end of the month. This issue has been going on now for several months without a solution. You're only delaying the inevitable and not getting a service you are paying for. The V2 box seems to work for everyone (including myself) and I imagine the demand for a v2 box will increase whilst their availability will decrease.

This message was authored by LorLor1 This message was authored by: LorLor1

I'm having the same issues and have been for weeks. Two engineer visits haven't fixed it so must be an issue at Sky's end. All apps pixelate intermittently it's so annoying. Would be good if Sky could tell customers what is going on, what they are doing to fix this and how long it will take. 

This message was authored by Bob+Niro This message was authored by: Bob+Niro

@LorLor1  What did the two engineers do when they called? Did they replace your box? Can you watch apps on your TV?

This message was authored by Nigel4646 This message was authored by: Nigel4646

Film breaking up while trying to watch

My picture is breaking up when I'm trying to watch films on Netflix or Prime 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Film breaking up while trying to watch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nigel4646 wrote:

My picture is breaking up when I'm trying to watch films on Netflix or Prime 

@Nigel4646 I have moved your post into the large thread all about the problem you are having 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion