Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by CympleCy This message was authored by: CympleCy

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

Just to add in that ours has the same problems as mentioned 😞

This message was authored by PGibson This message was authored by: PGibson

It's been happening for a while for us as well, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. I've been following this thread the last couple of weeks hoping for a positive update.

We are on the Version 1 Sky Q box.

What I have noticed, and this may or may not mean anything, when watching on Amazon Prime we don't have the ads free version and whilst the pixelating seems to be getting more frequent when watching the program it never pixelates during the adverts.

I would watch on the TV apps but it is an ageing Sony TV and the software is running incredibly slowly. Maybe time for an upgrade 🙂

This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

Well Sky contacted via email on the 24th of September asking me to reply with a convenient time for the Sky Q Technical to call me.

I replied on the same day asking for someone to call today between 3pm and 6pm and guess what now phone call at all.

Well thank you Sky for not following up, and not providing anyone here with a update since the beginning of September.

This message was authored by jobes+joblin This message was authored by: jobes+joblin

Replace sky box

Anybody had a replacement sky q box as I am having problems with apps the picture is pixelated tried all suggestions from sky

This message was authored by Simon+Stapes This message was authored by: Simon+Stapes

We're also getting this issue on Amazon Prime, it's very annoying and ruins anything we're watching on it.  We don't seem to have the issue on Netflix or BBC iPlayer though.  We'll be bingeing Slow Horses on Apple  when the new series finishes so hopefully we don't have the same issue on there.  I can't see us wanting to swap the box as we've got loads of things recorded we wouldn't want to lose, so I hope Sky can fix this with a software update soon.

This message was authored by DenInKent This message was authored by: DenInKent

Same problem here. Network is fine, Amazon Prime app pixelated and sound crackling. 

Amazon Prime working fine on a firestick, on the same network and tv.

Apps have been reset on the 1Tb Sky Q box.

Looking forward to a Sky fix.

This message was authored by Bob+Niro This message was authored by: Bob+Niro

I think you'll have a long wait. I'm a customer 14 years and actually thought their service was decent. However it appears to me now that they're such a big operation they don't care about the customer anymore. I've never heard of an organisation that you can't put a complaint in writing and expect a written response. They rang me twice re my complaint but I was unable to take a call so they emailed me saying my complaint was closed.

This message was authored by Cowleystjames This message was authored by: Cowleystjames

Had a local sky engineer come out to try and produce a fix. Moment he came in the door and I told him about this pixelation issue, he has the same, or did!

He says sky are acutely aware of the issue and working on it but they don't have any technical input to the apps only host them. 
However, as a temporary fix, and it works for him and since Wednesday when he did the same to my box it's been as good as gold. 
He dropped the output resolution to 1080i and watching a couple of movies and Agatha on Disney it hasn't pixelated at all. 
I know that's a bodge as you can't watch UHD, but you could always pop the resolution back up if needed on SKY. 
Be interested if you guys get the same result as me

This message was authored by Sheldon This message was authored by: Sheldon

We have the same issue with Amazon via Sky Q.  Sky Ultrafast broadband getting 152 Mb/s.

We watch Prime with adverts. The Prime content pixelates and buffers but the adverts never do. It's unwatchable at times. 

This message was authored by Sheldon This message was authored by: Sheldon

And we are already on 1080i resolution

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

@Cowleystjames @Presumably then, he advised you to stop paying your monthly charge for HDR?

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

Oops UHD

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Govee wrote:

@Cowleystjames @Presumably then, he advised you to stop paying your monthly charge for HDR?

Well only if you don't want to watch sky stuff in UHD

personally using the apps on something else for now is preferable

tested Prime again today. No video issues but sound dropouts so I went back to my TV's app. Rings of Power S2E7 is pretty good.

This message was authored by PaulTay This message was authored by: PaulTay

Same experience for me. And it's started during the summer June/July. Before that all okay.

Happens when watching Netflix, prime, Apple TV and Disney+. 
Changed picture resolution on sky q box and makes no difference. Internet/wifi all okay and nothing else changed or added in the room.

Was beginning to think it was my Samsung tv until I saw this thread so clearly something else.

This message was authored by JibbaJoy This message was authored by: JibbaJoy

I'll repeat what a lot of us here have said - a replacement main box with an external psu fixes this issue. 

Demand one from Sky before supplies dry up. 

SkyQ [H/W:32B106] + 3 mini
Samsung 55" Neo QLED UHD TV
Swish Fibre 150 Symetrical
Linksys MX5400 Mesh network

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion