Discussion topic: New Series do not record automatically!

This message was authored by Nath6 This message was authored by: Nath6

New Series do not record automatically!

I watch many series of programs and have the 'series link' activated. Every episode in that series will record, which is as expected. But whenever the second series starts, whether it is a few months later or a year later, my Sky Q box doesn't record that new series!
If I am unaware that a new series is available to watch/record I miss out - all because my Sky Q box doesn't have intelligence to record the new series, something my old standard Sky box did have! Not sure if I can fix this my end?

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: New Series do not record automatically!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nath6 wrote:

@oldfella Thanks so much for your answer. It would seem the Host Briadcaster for all programs I watch are not setting the right metadata 🤦‍♂️ the channels vary from BBC, ITV, Comedy Central etc

If you have specific examples @Nath6 

You could notify Sky viewer relations.

ViewerR@sky.uk

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Nath6 wrote:

I watch many series of programs and have the 'series link' activated. Every episode in that series will record, which is as expected. But whenever the second series starts, whether it is a few months later or a year later, my Sky Q box doesn't record that new series!
If I am unaware that a new series is available to watch/record I miss out - all because my Sky Q box doesn't have intelligence to record the new series, something my old standard Sky box did have! Not sure if I can fix this my end?

Hi @Nath6 

Sky Q does have Smart link and new seasons of shows should record..

However this does depend on the Host broadcaster setting the right metadata in the program.

Nath6
Topic Author

@oldfella Thanks so much for your answer. It would seem the Host Briadcaster for all programs I watch are not setting the right metadata 🤦‍♂️ the channels vary from BBC, ITV, Comedy Central etc

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Nath6 wrote:

If you have specific examples @Nath6 

You could notify Sky viewer relations.

ViewerR@sky.uk

Nath6
Topic Author

@oldfella @Amazing, I will do that 🙂 thanks again.

This message was authored by Captain+Matt This message was authored by: Captain+Matt

I having the same issue with every program I record so it is not an isolated incident as the people at the source will try to convince you. This needs sorting out as the old sky plus had no issue with doing this.

This message was authored by scotty1972 This message was authored by: scotty1972

I'm having the same issue as well.  You up grade your box and get a poorer service.  Surely there is something that can be done about it..

I've missed loads from all channels..

This message was authored by ChrisWatford This message was authored by: ChrisWatford

This is all so annoying. I've missed series that would automatically be recorded when new seasons start. It is very poor thst Sky Q doesn't have this option. 

I don't find Sky Q as user friendly at all either. Sky + was brilliant in comparison. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion