Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RFCally191 wrote:

Could this be a cunning plan to mess with the services we pay for to move us onto SKY Stream? Just a thought.

No

This message was authored by DeePee81 This message was authored by: DeePee81

Almost a month has passed since this was acknowledged - do we actually know if Sky have identified a cause (and have a solution in the works), or is it still an ongoing mystery?

I'd hate to think how many users are experiencing this and just tolerating it, let alone how many think it's their wireless/broadband and are trying to find fixes for a problem in their home setup that isn't there. 

This message was authored by Chris1968uk This message was authored by: Chris1968uk

Well, after my call to Sky on Monday, I now have a new SKY Q box with the external power box, plug in and set up.

Well it was a very deep breath, then I watched an episode of The Rings of Power on the Prime App, previously pixelating constantly and greening screen. 

Thankfully the whole episode watched and no issues, great picture quality and more importantly no pixelation.

I do have to give Sky credit, less than 72 hours and so far my issue seems to be sorted out.

Will continue to monitor and update if any changes or issues.

LG G4 65"/Sky Q 2tb box/2 mini boxes/ Virgin Broadband

This message was authored by Bulldog1956 This message was authored by: Bulldog1956

Do you know this for a fact? 
sky do not seem to be that bothered about resolving this issue, I wonder why🤔

This message was authored by JibbaJoy This message was authored by: JibbaJoy

I know that the issue was resolved for me, and for others, by a swapping the main box with one that has an external PSU brick;  how much longer is it going to take for you all to realise that this is the fix and demand one from them?

SkyQ [H/W:32B106] + 3 mini
Samsung 55" Neo QLED UHD TV
Swish Fibre 150 Symetrical
Linksys MX5400 Mesh network

Not sure how long my last post will be visible 😎

This message was authored by The+Gwim+Weaper This message was authored by: The+Gwim+Weaper

We don't want to lose 2TB of recordings.  If Sky introduced a stream decoding "bug", they can fix the issue with a new firmware update.  Otherwise, Sky customers will go elsewhere.

The issue has been resolved for me but I'm here to help those still suffering with it.

@The+Gwim+Weaper wrote:

We don't want to lose 2TB of recordings.  If Sky introduced a stream decoding "bug", they can fix the issue with a new firmware update.  Otherwise, Sky customers will go elsewhere.

I would guess that most of your recordings would still be available on-demand but if not then you have to chose; I did and know of only a few hours of recording that I miss but only for the fact that they were on ITV and I could skip the adverts - no biggy 😂

This message was authored by type-r This message was authored by: type-r

I agree with @JibbaJoy - if the issue is affecting you like it was us, take the drastic decision to replace your Sky Q box with an external PSU. You'll lose all your recordings but it was the trade-off I was willing to accept instead of waiting for Sky to fix the issue - which as we have ALL seen - is either not a priority for Sky after nearly 3 months or they are still finding the root cause. Of course the lack of any progress update from Sky is partly the problem.

All I know is we all pay a lot of money to Sky and if a hardware fix is the quickest solution, then I'd go for it. No issues for me the past 3 weeks and it's been nice to watch programmes with no pixelation or green screens.

This message was authored by JCT9632 This message was authored by: JCT9632

Here is the lasted update email from Sky.

Thank you for reaching out to us about the ongoing issue you are experiencing.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. We are aware that some customers are encountering picture breakup when using TV apps on Sky, including Prime TV, YouTube, Netflix, Discovery, and others.

I understand that the situation is worsening for you, and I want to assure you that our support teams are actively investigating this matter to find a resolution.

At the moment, there are no immediate workarounds available, but please be assured that we are committed to getting this issue fixed as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can reply to my email.

Kind regards

Saira

This message was authored by type-r This message was authored by: type-r

Well there are two "workarounds":

1. Use the native apps as part of your smart TV (which most people have).

2. Get new Sky Q box with an external PSU. Whilst not a 100% guaranteed solution, I'm yet to see someone comment on here that their Sky Apps are pixelating with this configuration.

This message was authored by Jelvidge This message was authored by: Jelvidge

Sky q apps pixelating randomly but often it's doing my head in I pay a fortune for the privilege of watching jumbled up squares

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jelvidge wrote:

Sky q apps pixelating randomly but often it's doing my head in I pay a fortune for the privilege of watching jumbled up squares

It doesn't do jumbled up squares for me, more like an area of the screen which doesn't update properly for a second or three and I've only seen it on Rings of Power (but never on my TV app on the same content)

Tested netflix and Prime last night on my v3 Q (internal PSU) and both worked fine with 4k HDR content for an hour each.

This message was authored by Macculus This message was authored by: Macculus

1000009851.jpgThis is what it looks like for me. I'm not seeing the black/green screens that some have experienced, and the above happens randomly. Some days it's every few minutes, but I recently went a full 4 days without seeing anything. I think this is part of the problem, it's very inconsistent and random, for me at least. The above is Disney+ in HD, not 4K btw, in case it's relevant. 

I'm currently using my TV apps in the hope Sky fix this soon, but it's taken too long now.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion