Discussion topic: Returning equipment

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Returning equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SmilingB wrote:

Tracking shows item delivered on Monday November 6th, I got the text the Friday week November 17th so based on your information is possibly jus a timing thing 🤞 Thank you

@SmilingB could be just a timing thing if you get another text requesting you rerturn the boxes etc then come back and we can escalate this to Sky for you 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by beautifulmonk This message was authored by: beautifulmonk

I have the same issue. I followed the link to Royal Mail site to get a returns label well ahead of time (in my own recycled Amazon box) and the postman collected on the 16th November, and it says it was delivered on the 19th.

Called Sky and because their system hasn't acknowledged it I'm in limbo (they've had it for almost 2 weeks!)

I asked if I could send proof early to avoid charges and additional effort / calls, and was told I could not. Ridiculous 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@beautifulmonk 

Returns are taking 2+ weeks to be processed. Are you being chased for the return? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SmilingB This message was authored by: SmilingB

Not any more,  hopefully it is now resolved. Thank you for easing my concerns

This message was authored by Andrew116 This message was authored by: Andrew116

Hi ive already returned my old sky products 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Andrew116 

What has prompted your post on here, has Sky told you that you haven't and if so do you still have proof of posting ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SimonK71 This message was authored by: SimonK71

Is there an email address we can send the proof of postage and tracking info to. I returned equipment almost 2 weeks ago on the 48 hour service Sky sent. It is still showing as at a post office hub. So I want to send Sky the details. Can't find an email address to send them to.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@SimonK71 

Are you being chased for the return - maybe suggesting charges being applied? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SimonK71 This message was authored by: SimonK71

Yes. Ended up calling them ... gave them tracking number. Thanks

This message was authored by Andrew681 This message was authored by: Andrew681

I have moved house and cancelled my subscription and received my return box. BUT the equipment is stuck in storage due to a delay in the house move. I have explained that I will return the equipment in the next few weeks but I am receiving threatening texts that I will be charged for not returning the equipment when I have specifically explained the situation on the phone. How do I prevent the charges being applied (as I expect the texts are automated and the computer does not take into account individual and specific circumstances)? Thanks. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Andrew681 wrote:

I have moved house and cancelled my subscription and received my return box. BUT the equipment is stuck in storage due to a delay in the house move. I have explained that I will return the equipment in the next few weeks but I am receiving threatening texts that I will be charged for not returning the equipment when I have specifically explained the situation on the phone. How do I prevent the charges being applied (as I expect the texts are automated and the computer does not take into account individual and specific circumstances)? Thanks. 

@Andrew681 not sure you can avoid the charges in these circumstances although any charges are normally refunded once the boxes are returned but I have escalated this to sky to see if there is anything they can do 

You may receive an email or a private message inviting you to have a private conversation on the Community with a Sky Expert.

Look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of your screen inviting you to a chat
If you are using the Safari browser please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

The link below explains how the escalation process works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Andrew116 an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Derek20 This message was authored by: Derek20

I have just been sent a email saying I will be charged £52 for not sending back my sky mini box?? I was very meticulous in making sure EVERY item was returned and still have my proof of postage from the post office. Where can I email my proof of postage to?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Derek20 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Derke20.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion