Discussion topic: Returning equipment

This message was authored by Bobs+mum This message was authored by: Bobs+mum

Returning equipment

Hi 

just received a box to return my sky q box but I've already returned it , who do I need to contact about this please ? I don't want to be charged 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Returning equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bobs+mum  When did you return the item?  Did you keep proof of postage?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Bobs+mum  When did you return the item?  Did you keep proof of postage?

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Bobs+mum
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bobs+mum This message was authored by: Bobs+mum

I did , will have to dig it out , but literally the day I received the new sky stream 

box . 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Bobs+mum  Normally these don't need to be returned until the 31 day cool off expites, this will be why you've just received the packaging.

This message was authored by SophieChamb This message was authored by: SophieChamb

Hi, what address did you sent it to please? I need to do the same. Thanks. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@SophieChamb 

Have you cancelled? 

If you’ve successfully cancelled your subscription Sky should send out returns packaging near the end of the cancellation period, [14 days for Broadband hub and 31 days for Sky Q box(es)], to the address that the subscription was registered at.

Note:~ If you’ve switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass the packaging is usually sent out after 31 days in case you change your mind about Glass.

You can use any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. This link explains about how to receive an email with your return labels through Royal Mail.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

If you haven’t anything suitable contact Sky again and see if they’ll re-send. Keep your proof of posting safe and indefinitely and if you use Royal Mail’s collect from home service, keep a record of the tracking number.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Phil19581 This message was authored by: Phil19581

I have returned my equipment but sky keep sending me messages to return it or I will be charged for it. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Phil19581 

Have you got proof of posting ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Phil19581 This message was authored by: Phil19581

Yes, I have the post office receipt. It's just getting so inconvenient that they keep messaging me to return items I've already returned, and quite frankly they are items they'll just recycle or throw in a skip. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Phil19581 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later or tomorrow.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that appears you have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @SophieChamb  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Stephen20 This message was authored by: Stephen20

Can you forward me a box so I can send my equipment back

@Stephen20 

We are customers here. If you’ve successfully cancelled your subscription Sky should send out returns packaging near the end of the cancellation period, [14 days for Broadband hub and 31 days for Sky Q box(es)], to the address that the subscription was registered at.

Note:~ If you’ve switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass the packaging is usually sent out after 31 days in case you change your mind about Glass.

You can use any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. This link explains about how to receive an email with your return labels through Royal Mail.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

If you haven’t anything suitable contact Sky again and see if they’ll re-send. Keep your proof of posting safe and indefinitely and if you use Royal Mail’s collect from home service, keep a record of the tracking number.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Stephen20 This message was authored by: Stephen20

I would rather you send me a box so I can send equipment back, instead of sending me threatening texts that you are going to fine me.

@Stephen20 

Can I refer you back to the first four words of my post

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Stephen20 

We are customers here. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion