Discussion topic: Netflix viewing issue

This message was authored by guardian1128 This message was authored by: guardian1128

Netflix viewing issue

Hi all

Was watching a couple of things on Netflix via the sky q box as per usual, afterwards I decided to look for something else to watch, found something and clicked on it, went to the program screen and clicked on play then got a blue screen which was showing a connection speed test which said it was fast enough but wouldn't play, just showed an error message in the bottom right of the screen.

code tvq-pb-101(1.9.0)

Doesn't matter what other film or tv show i try to watch it now does the same thing all the time, all other apps like youtube, prime video, paramount etc all work and play fine, Netflix on my laptop and mobile phones all work fine, just not on the sky q box which was playing fine earlier today, unplugged the box and the router and reset multiple times but still goes back to the same test screen and error code message, no idea what to do next, nothing i've seen happen before.

Any ideas?

😞

Best Answers
guardian1128
Topic Author
This message was authored by guardian1128 This message was authored by: guardian1128 Answer

Re: Netflix viewing issue

Ok peeps

Just checked it again now during the end of 1st quarter NBA game, and Netflix now seems to work perfectly again, tried several different progs and all ran straight away, happy days.

Case closed. 😀😃

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Del1954 This message was authored by: Del1954

Same problem, Netflix won't connect, been watching for the last 2 hours now nothing
This message was authored by MelCB This message was authored by: MelCB

We have the same problem, new to Sky but all set up downstairs a week ago. Tonight I set up my sons TV while he was at the gym, watched the beginning of a film no problem. He switched on two hours later, and no Netflix, can't get it to work for love nor money! All other apps seem to be ok though 🤷‍♀️

guardian1128
Topic Author
This message was authored by guardian1128 This message was authored by: guardian1128

Not just me then, looks like an issue on skys end, i'll check again in the morning, if it's working then i'll reply back here and mark as solved, if not then i'll call sky and ask them what's going on and see what can  be done about it, 🤔

guardian1128
Topic Author
This message was authored by guardian1128 This message was authored by: guardian1128 Answer

Ok peeps

Just checked it again now during the end of 1st quarter NBA game, and Netflix now seems to work perfectly again, tried several different progs and all ran straight away, happy days.

Case closed. 😀😃

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

FYI there was a global Netflix outage last night: This report only mentions the UK but they were hit globally: https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/netflix-down-thousands-users-downdetector-2023-12-12/

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Modimav This message was authored by: Modimav

I still can't get Netflix to work. Any further updates or suggestions? Thanks 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Modimav @What do you mean by not work?

have you tried Netflix on a different device? What sky device as you trying it on?

NOT a Sky Employee

On the TV. It will not connect, just spins. Thanks

Have you tried from another device?

NOT a Sky Employee

Thanks for the advice. It is back up 😊

This message was authored by MelCB This message was authored by: MelCB

Thank you so much for confirming.

My neurodiverse children could not cope or understand what was happening and I couldn't fix it so it was rather stressful. At least I know now that it was an outage an nothing to do with our new Sky system.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion