Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

@Ant+Pay wrote:

Same problem but only since last week. Spinning red circle when trying to load from Sky Q box. Any idea of timeframe for a fix?

This issue has been going on for many months. Sky and Netflix are working on a fix but on the meantime....please try the fix 3 posts above yours. It's worked for many other people on here. 

This message was authored by Manestream This message was authored by: Manestream

Yes the fix works but only temporary. It could work for a day, or several days. Maybe even just 2-3 netflix connections before it starts all over again.

Some say it fixed their issue and they have never had it happen since, but most come back reporting the issue.

My advice try it, see how ou go, if it comes back just launch another application and then try netflix app again, or even a few mins later. Thats what i have come down to trying, sometimes it does not work and a turn off of the actual box and the whole service, waiting at least 60 seconds before powering it all up again tends to work for a couple of netflix log-ins before it starts all over again.

Issue has been with us for what 6mths now, no sign of it ever getting fixed. We dont have any TV service now other than through teh SkyQ box. For some reason the old service we had for in built freeview and all no longer works. So turn off sky may as well get rid of teh TV's as well.

This message was authored by Jason+Mark+Jones This message was authored by: Jason+Mark+Jones

Getting this very frequently now, no workarounds seem to work apart from hard rebooting the box

please fix it! 😞

This message was authored by ND79 This message was authored by: ND79

+1 for the Netflix issue. Sporadic but happens so often pretty much given up on watching Netflix anymore. The fact it hasn't been fixed by now demonstrates they don't know what the issue is so they're guessing their way to a solution.

This message was authored by Grace2801 This message was authored by: Grace2801

Has anyone claimed compensatory for this? Thanks 

@ND79 wrote:

+1 for the Netflix issue. Sporadic but happens so often pretty much given up on watching Netflix anymore. The fact it hasn't been fixed by now demonstrates they don't know what the issue is so they're guessing their way to a solution.

Please read the previous page. There is a fix on there that works for some.....worked for me and others. Please try

This message was authored by swhxd06 This message was authored by: swhxd06

Well, my Netflix has suddenly started to work agin. It has been okay for the past couple of days. I'm not going to assume that is well just yet though 🤞

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Grace2801 wrote:

Has anyone claimed compensatory for this? Thanks 

If you don't or can't use the Netflix App on your smart TV or Amazon Firestick for instance, you can always just stop the monthly rolling add-on. This is presuming you've tried the previously mentioned fix which has worked for many.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Esmg This message was authored by: Esmg

This issue was getting really irritating and I never seemed to have time to try out the fixes. The red spinning circle happened several times over the past few weeks.  So I after another fail yesterday I decided to try and fix it today. 

Amazingly I got Netflix to load first time of trying, without any fix applied, it just worked. Someone else above reported similar. But like them i'll need a few more examples of it working before feeling it's a proper fix.

Mine is still working. Has Sky (perhaps in conjunction with Netflix) perhaps resolved the issue? Also, another more minor issue I was having (wherebye I would log in - successfully - but the sound would sometimed default to Dolby Surround, instead of Dolby Digital Plus) has also rectified itself now.

I think I'd better go and buy a lottery ticket🤣

This message was authored by Manestream This message was authored by: Manestream

Right now, it has seemed to have been working (touch wood) hope i aint junxed it.

But for teh past week (sometimes it connects slow) it has connected all but 1 time, i have not done anything.

There is still an issue, but whatever they are doing behind teh scenes (and not keeping the customers informed) is kinda working. 

Mine went back off (temporarily) this morning. I guess the permanent fix is still en route. I was going to ask Alexa for help, but no doubt she would have answered with 'I'm sorry, I don't know that one.'

This message was authored by aluson This message was authored by: aluson

I have had this issue on and off for about 4 weeks. The only thing that seems to work is to power off the sky box and restart. So frustrating having to do this every day! 

@aluson wrote:

I have had this issue on and off for about 4 weeks. The only thing that seems to work is to power off the sky box and restart. So frustrating having to do this every day! 

Have you tried this:

Can you try these steps please:

1 - Log into Netflix via the web browser.

2 - Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).

3 -  Click on Account.

4 - Under the Security and Privacy option, click on Manage access and devices.

5 - Select the device name: (it may be called SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box).

6 - Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.

7 - Go to your SkyQ box and launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

It has worked as a permanent fix for many on this forum

I finallly caved in and called Sky yesterday. The agent I spoke with told me that they are currently rolling out an update for the Netflix app. No timeframe as to when I'll get it though.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion