Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by BaileyGB This message was authored by: BaileyGB

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

@swhxd06 wrote:

I finallly caved in and called Sky yesterday. The agent I spoke with told me that they are currently rolling out an update for the Netflix app. No timeframe as to when I'll get it though.

Have you tried the above fix ⬆️

This message was authored by swhxd06 This message was authored by: swhxd06

I've tried them all, but none of them has resulted in a permanent fix. It's working atm, but I won't hold my breath

@swhxd06 wrote:

I've tried them all, but none of them has resulted in a permanent fix. It's working atm, but I won't hold my breath

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I know that fix doesn't work for everyone but has worked for many others including myself. 

Thanks 🤞

This message was authored by Alexf17 This message was authored by: Alexf17

Netflix not working on sky q

Why is netflix not working on my sky q box it just keeps spining as if not conecting. Ive tried all the usual things like reseting my hub or sky q box but nothing ive even reset the apps. In my opinion this is a sky q problem as netflix works on my phone or laptop and as i pay extra for this it should be working without having to reset equipment all the time i want to watch

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Netflix not working on sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alexf17 wrote:

Why is netflix not working on my sky q box it just keeps spining as if not conecting. Ive tried all the usual things like reseting my hub or sky q box but nothing ive even reset the apps. In my opinion this is a sky q problem as netflix works on my phone or laptop and as i pay extra for this it should be working without having to reset equipment all the time i want to watch

@Alexf17 I have moved your post in to the larger thread dealing with this problem there are a couple of things to try so you will need to have read through the find some work arounds 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by ND79 This message was authored by: ND79

I've tried all the fixes, at best it works for a while but ultimately comes back to red spinning circle.

This message was authored by BazF This message was authored by: BazF

This issue is such a joke. How can two big players in the industry not get this sorted in a matter of days. If it was affecting their revenue it would be fixex in minutes. 

Over a YEAR!! 

I agree. Mine has started playing up again, so I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by this shambles. At least when 'Alexa' went down the other night (in several countries), it was up and running again within an hour! Sky, take note!!!!

This message was authored by skeusenner This message was authored by: skeusenner

1074 posts? 72 pages and this STILL hasn't been resolved? 

This message was authored by Corinne4 This message was authored by: Corinne4

April 2024 and I am still getting this constant red circle, Netflix via smart tv straight in so clearly issue via sky box. Work arounds only work temporarily. How do I cancel Netflix through sky and go back directly to Netflix? Ridiculous this issue is ongoing. This thread was starts in sept 2023 as far as I can see!

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Corinne4 wrote:

April 2024 and I am still getting this constant red circle, Netflix via smart tv straight in so clearly issue via sky box. Work arounds only work temporarily. How do I cancel Netflix through sky and go back directly to Netflix? Ridiculous this issue is ongoing. This thread was starts in sept 2023 as far as I can see!

Call Sky and cancel it and then resubscribe through the Netflix website.

Chances are you'll be paying more but it's your money. At least you can cancel it easier via Netflix.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"

I don't want to tempt fate, but mine has now been working perfectly for about a week. Maybe the fix has finally been downloaded to my Sky Q box🤞

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Corinne4 wrote:

You know you can use your sky subscribed netflix on any device you like?

I used the fix, shown on here months ago and touch wood.... everything's been fine since.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion