Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chooewho wrote:

I take it we won't be charged for Netflix while you 'work to resolve this issue'?

Your Netflix subscription allows you to watch it on any device not just the Sky Q box.

So unless your only device is the Sky Q box you will still be charged I'm afraid  😂

This message was authored by PETROS+PETRA This message was authored by: PETROS+PETRA

& Originally there were 9 points posted as a solution - see below:-

Sign Out of device through a Web Browser:

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on 'Manage access and devices'.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the SkyQ ......or Sky UK Set-top box.
  7. Sign out of Neflix on the Q box, start it up, press left and go to the help section to sign out.
  8. Reboot SkyQ box by turning off at the wall or plugging out for 1 minute.
  9. Go to your SkyQ box and launch the Netflix app on your SkyQ box.

Clearly you cannot do number 7 because you cannot loadup Netflix on your Q box - Ignore this step and go to 8 & 9.

1-6 is done on your account online.Ignore 7 and do 8&9 on youe SkyQ box

This message was authored by Kel46 This message was authored by: Kel46

Netflix spinning

My Netflix through Sky has been spinning through Sky since Sunday, I've switched it off from the mains, I've completed the newest download and I still can't access it through Sky, I can through my Firestick and on my phone it's just through Sky it's doing that annoying red circle spinning, any suggestions?
This message was authored by lagavulinlad This message was authored by: lagavulinlad

Netflix spinning on Q box

I have been unable to access Netflix on my Q box for several weeks. I have to watch it on my smart TV. When talking to tech help they say upgrade software, but this only works until you turn box off, then problem is back. Sky must be aware of this problem as there are many posts on line concerning it, so why arent they fixing it. Get your act together Sky, this is not acceptable.
This message was authored by DJH171 This message was authored by: DJH171

Re: Netflix spinning

I'm having the same issue with Netflix via Sky. Works fine with same account on all other devices.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Netflix spinning

@Kel46 @DJH171 

This is what you need to do to get it working:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/m-p/4691069/highlight/true#...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PETROS+PETRA This message was authored by: PETROS+PETRA

@Pg666 

@caesarome 

@Kel46 

@lagavulinlad 

See post from PETROS+PETRA made on 26th JULY 8.52.

Leave out the step indicated

This message was authored by Isla77 This message was authored by: Isla77

Netflix not connecting on TV but working fine on mobile phones

When I attempt to open Netflix on the TV it just keeps spinning. It works fine on mobile phones but also won't connect to TV when sharing from mobile phone.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix not connecting on TV but working fine on mobile phones

@Isla77 

I've merged your post into the large thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2) and other possible temporary fixes.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Schnaumummy This message was authored by: Schnaumummy

Thank you followed what to do n now working 💪🏽 

This message was authored by Bev60 This message was authored by: Bev60

Hi

I have contact customer care service.  Which we went though a lot of checks and also upgrade on Internet speed.  Everything on myside is fine.

I am still got the red spinning wheel on Netflix. 

I have been out for a week now or more with out Netflix. 

This is the second time I have had problems with Netflix. 

Ist time engineer had put in new fibre which stop my phone and Internet, no access to program. 

I hope you sort out as soon as possible 

Many thanks 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Bev60 wrote:

Hi

I have contact customer care service.  Which we went though a lot of checks and also upgrade on Internet speed.  Everything on myside is fine.

I have been out for a week now or more with out Netflix. 

This is the second time I have had problems with Netflix. 

Ist time engineer had put in new fibre which stop my phone and Internet, no access to program. 

I hope you sort out as soon as possible 

Many thanks 

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on 'Manage access and devices'.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called Sky Q ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the Sky Q ......or Sky UK Set-top box (do this for all Sky devices listed).
  7. Reboot Sky Q box by turning off at the wall or plugging out for 1 minute (do the same for mini boxes but boot up the main box fully first before rebooting the mini boxes).
  8. Go to your Sky Q box and launch the Netflix app on your Sky Q box.

If it's easier for you, points 1 to 6 amount to the following:-

Go to your account online through a browser and sign in if necessary, from your portrait/avatar, go to 'Account', then 'Devices', then 'Access and Devices' and then sign out of all Sky devices listed.

The direct web address is:- netflix.com/manageaccountaccess which can be copy & pasted into your browser.

Don't forget to reboot the Q boxes after the above.

You can use the app on a smartphone to sign out of devices also.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Bev60 wrote:

Have you followed the advice given here, namely the post marked as the answer ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by ClaireK3 This message was authored by: ClaireK3

Netflix won't load on SkyQ.

Netflix won't load on SkyQ, the red circle just constantly turns. I have refreshed the app, turned the Sky box off and on again and signed out on Web browser. Nothing has made any difference. Any other suggestions please?
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix won't load on SkyQ.

@ClaireK3 

I've merged your post into the large thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2) and other possible temporary fixes.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion