Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Netflix won't load on SkyQ.

@ClaireK3 wrote:
Netflix won't load on SkyQ, the red circle just constantly turns. I have refreshed the app, turned the Sky box off and on again and signed out on Web browser. Nothing has made any difference. Any other suggestions please?

Did you sign out of all devices on the web browser or just sign out of Netflix? If devices, did you reboot the Q box afterwards?

This message was authored by Blackbird5 This message was authored by: Blackbird5

Re: Netflix spinning

Unable to load Netflix spining red circle
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix spinning

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Blackbird5 

See post 2 currently marked as the answer.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Macca77 This message was authored by: Macca77

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

why are we paying for this. absolutely disgusting service 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Macca77 

What you need to do has been posted multipke times including the post marked as the answer so have you done this yet ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa16111 This message was authored by: Lisa16111

Netflix isn't working on my sky Q  box, down stairs or upstairs I've tried everything, I think it's to do with sky Q as it works on my daughters telly

@Lisa16111 wrote:

Netflix isn't working on my sky Q  box, down stairs or upstairs I've tried everything, I think it's to do with sky Q as it works on my daughters telly

When you say you've tried everything, have you tried the following which seems to be the only permanent fix?

1. Log into Netflix via the web browser.
  2. Highlight your profile picture (Top right corner).
  3. Click on Account.
  4. Under the Security and Privacy option, click on 'Manage access and devices'.
  5. Select the device name: (it may be called Sky Q ......or Sky UK Set-top box).
  6. Select--> click on the "Sign out" option on the Sky Q ......or Sky UK Set-top box (do this for all Sky devices listed).
  7. Reboot Sky Q box by turning off at the wall or plugging out for 1 minute (do the same for mini boxes but boot up the main box fully first before rebooting the mini boxes).
  8. Go to your Sky Q box and launch the Netflix app on your Sky Q box.

If it's easier for you, points 1 to 6 amount to the following:-

Go to your account online through a browser and sign in if necessary, from your portrait/avatar, go to 'Account', then 'Devices', then 'Access and Devices' and then sign out of all Sky devices listed.

The direct web address is:- netflix.com/manageaccountaccess which can be copy & pasted into your browser.

Don't forget to reboot the Q boxes after the above.

You can use the app on a smartphone to sign out of devices also.

This message was authored by Clive07 This message was authored by: Clive07

Red spinning wheel on Netflix on my Sky Q box signed into Netflix on web browser find devices and sign out of Sky box.  Whilst doing this turned power off Sky Q after restarting up box opened Netflix app and signed in again problem solved. This is not the first time this has happened so maybe there's a bug that needs fixing by Sky as my multi room boxes never a problem only on Q box 

@Clive07 wrote:

Red spinning wheel on Netflix on my Sky Q box signed into Netflix on web browser find devices and sign out of Sky box.  Whilst doing this turned power off Sky Q after restarting up box opened Netflix app and signed in again problem solved. This is not the first time this has happened so maybe there's a bug that needs fixing by Sky as my multi room boxes never a problem only on Q box 

Do make sure that you've signed out of devices and give it a minute before rebooting the Q box. You have to allow them to sync.

This message was authored by Stormy78 This message was authored by: Stormy78

Are Sky going to ever fix this problem? I have reset the app, cleared saved devices on netflixs, rebooted the main sky q box and router and I still have the red spinning circle. Netflix works on the smaller sky q boxes but not kn the main box. Please get this fixed!!!

This message was authored by PETROS+PETRA This message was authored by: PETROS+PETRA

@Lisa16111 

Folllow instructions from @Anonymous 

This message was authored by VM1 This message was authored by: VM1

Re: Netflix app not opening

Netflix is not opening in mini box 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@VM1 

Same question then… Are you just seeing a red spinning circle? 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by VM1 This message was authored by: VM1

Yes. Just spinning circle 

@VM1 

I've merged your post into the large thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2). 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion