Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix not loading on TV connected to Sky Q but does on Mini Box.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alan.pres 

I've merged your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Caroline53 This message was authored by: Caroline53

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

I've refreshed all my apps. I tried it again after an hour still not working.   I watched Netflix on my TV apps instead.  4 hours later I logged in to Netflix via the sky q box and it's up and running again.  

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Caroline53 wrote:

I've refreshed all my apps. I tried it again after an hour still not working.   I watched Netflix on my TV apps instead.  4 hours later I logged in to Netflix via the sky q box and it's up and running again.  

It can take up to 24 hours for the aps to refresh I believe. If it comes back try the fix where you remove the Q box as a device from your online account. That said, you're probably getting a better picture and sound via the TV.

This message was authored by T14 This message was authored by: T14

Netflix is not working

My Netflix app is not working the red circle just keeps  spinning 

This message was authored by alan.pres This message was authored by: alan.pres

How do you refresh the Apps?

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

@alan.pres wrote:

Hi @alan.pres 

To refresh apps on your Sky Q box, follow these steps:

1. Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote.
  2. Highlight Settings on the left-hand menu (do not press Select).
  3. Press 0 0 1, then press Select to access the Installer menu.
  4. Select Apps, and highlight Refresh.
  5. Choose "Refresh all Apps on this box."
  6. You'll see the message: "Your apps are being refreshed." Press Dismiss to return to normal viewing

It could take up to 24 hours for the Apps to be refreshed.

@alan.pres wrote:

I wouldn't bother myself.

This message was authored by Kdramaqueen This message was authored by: Kdramaqueen

Netflix failing to load

I'm unable to open Netflix. Red circle just keeps spinning
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Netflix failing to load

@Kdramaqueen 

I have moved your post to this one in the Sky Q forum that is already discussing this ongoing issue so have a read of the posts back up the page as there are a few things to try.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TheBees This message was authored by: TheBees

Thanks everybody this worked  👍

This message was authored by sad+face This message was authored by: sad+face

So this is driving me nuts now. It's been a couple of weeks since I could get into Netflix on my Sky Q box. I just get the endless spinning red circle. I have tried rebooting and unplugging router and refreshing apps to no avail. 

I know the fix is supposed to be to sign out of device through a Web Browser, but I can't sign into the Netflix account. I pay via Sky and Netflix won't accept my email address, my phone number, or my password. 

It's so frustrating to keep trying to solve something that Sky knows is a problem. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks. 

This message was authored by sassmanuk This message was authored by: sassmanuk

Just spoken to Sky about this:

The cause is Netflix remembers what you watch when you sight out. Over a while this 'memory' builds up to point that Netflix won't function. Sky know about this and have escalated this.

The solution: You need to refresh the  Netflix app. This will remove the 'memory' as mentioned above.  

BUT... this process it will refresh everything, including forgetting your WiFi if you use it, and all login info for all the other apps. It will also forget your remote and TV pairing.

I'd recommend your ring Sky and have them talk you through it. 

Follow this Sky link if you want to try yourself:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-TV/Sky-Q-hidden-menu/ba-p/4364881

This worked for me; Netflix runs really quick now! Sky did tell me I may have repeat this in a few months if Netflix jams up again 

Thanks

Robin

This message was authored by sad+face This message was authored by: sad+face

Thank you @sassmanuk -  unfortunately, I have already tried refreshing all apps as described and it didn't help 😞 

@sad+face wrote:

So this is driving me nuts now. It's been a couple of weeks since I could get into Netflix on my Sky Q box. I just get the endless spinning red circle. I have tried rebooting and unplugging router and refreshing apps to no avail. 

I know the fix is supposed to be to sign out of device through a Web Browser, but I can't sign into the Netflix account. I pay via Sky and Netflix won't accept my email address, my phone number, or my password. 

It's so frustrating to keep trying to solve something that Sky knows is a problem. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks. 

Put your Sky ID email address into the Netflix forgotten password box, you can then create your password and sign in. Don't bother resetting the apps or the box, there is no need as it's only temporary and it's a lot of work setting it back up only to have it fall over again.

For you and everybody else, go to page 1 of the thread and follow the 2nd post (the 'answer')

This message was authored by Hammer1968 This message was authored by: Hammer1968

Re: Netflix won’t load

The same with me, it's really annoying that I can't get it to load. Sky are about as useful as a chocolate teapot as well

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion