Discussion topic: My new Samsung tv not recognising Sky Q box. Says no Signal and check power device

This message was authored by RS1462 This message was authored by: RS1462

Re: My new Samsung tv not recognising Sky Q box. Says no Signal and check power device

I have the same problem with  2024 55"Q60D QLED . The TV worked fine straight out of the box. But now when turned on I get the error saying Sky tv box is not turned on but the LED on the box is showing green. The only way I have found to get the tv to recognise  the box is by rebooting the Q box. Has anyone got a proper solution to this yet as I have an engineer visit booked for tomorrow AM 

This message was authored by paultm53 This message was authored by: paultm53

Re: My new Samsung tv not recognising Sky Q box. Says no Signal and check power device

Yeah, same for me. New QN90D QLED NEO, but problematic with Sky Q UHD Box. Reported this to Sky and they have sent out a replacement box.

Started off OK, for a couple of hours! then the issues returned.  I have followed all the advice ref factory reset for tv, update software for both box and tv, correct cables and cec settings and so on. Very frustrating. The best I have come up with is to switch on and off, using the sky remote, with a long press followed by a short press on the buttons. Seems to work. However, the picture still goes black, momentarily and occasionally.  Why?? I think I may have to return the Samsung and go back to Sony. OR, cancel Sky. OR, both?

This message was authored by Ducatasti This message was authored by: Ducatasti

@cuke @Yes I've reset TV, receycled Sky box many times and changed the HDMI cables without success.  

This message was authored by Bulls1974 This message was authored by: Bulls1974

We have now moved onto Stream, but not for that reason. We reset our Samsung and didn't reset the log in or connect the TV directly to the internet. The problem then went away for ever. Hopefully it might work for you👌

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Remind me never to buy a Samsung TV. As if all the spyware wasn't bad enough.

Not that most of them aren't at it now anyway 😟

This message was authored by RS1462 This message was authored by: RS1462

So Engineers visit complete, new main box new mini box new dish / LnB and cables. Engineer said he was unaware of any compatibility issues with Samsung tvs. We will wait to see if the issue is resolved.

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

@Chodley wrote:

Remind me never to buy a Samsung TV. As if all the spyware wasn't bad enough.

Not that most of them aren't at it now anyway 😟

Most tv manufacturer's track your viewing habits, and have been for just as long as any other. It's not spying at all.  Supermarkets have been tracking customer purchases for years, unless you pay in cash.

Samsung tv's outsell their nearest competitor by nearly 2 to 1, thus it should be expected to have a bias towards more issues being posted. Also those who don't have any tend not to post anyway.

Example: the 2024 LG G4 was released with a HDMI issue that affected the majority of their tv's. They did resolve it with a firmware update but that in itself introduced further bugs, specifically with some SkyQ owners.

I just think these days there isn't a perfect tv out their with no issues what so ever.

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for coming to Community to flag the issues you have been having with your Samsung TVs and Sky Q boxes showing "No Signal"

In order to get this properly investigated we are going to need examples of the following details shared and we will need quite a few of them.  That being said, if you are visiting the page but have not engaged despite having the issue, please help in us building a detailed picture of what equipment is seeing the issue.

We are looking for:

1. The Make & Model of your TV
  2. The software version your TV is currently on
  3. A timestamp of when the issue has happened for you
  4. Whether this TV is connected to your Sky Q main box or a mini box
  5. Confirmation that cable set up has been checked upon replying & that you are selecting the correct source on your TV for the Sky Q HDMi cable.

I've marked this as the current best answer for customers so that new visitors to the thread can easilly see this request for more information.

Thanks for your help on this 🙂

Daniel
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion